Five

(Do you ever listen to the Shrek soundtrack and get really inspired? I do.)
Annie looked at Mikasa's closed door and furrowed her brow. She's been practicing this since that night one month ago...
Her smile.
It has improved, indefinitely. She walked up to Mikasa's door and knocked.
It took her a moment, but Mikasa opened the door with a shirt hastily thrown on.
"What's up, Ann?" Mikasa said, yawning.
"Crap, did I wake you?" Annie grimaced inwardly. "Sorry, I can wait until later," she said turning away. Mikasa shook her head and grabbed Annie's wrist, sending a spark up the girl's arms to their hearts.
"N-no, what is it?" Mikasa said, a red hue growing on her pale face. Annie turned toward her again and positioned herself in front of her.
Annie closed her eyes and when she opened them again, she pulled a lopsided grin. The one she's been perfecting for Mikasa for four weeks.
Mikasa just looked at her with her lips slightly parted and her eyes wide. Annie frowned and looked away.
"That bad huh?" Annie felt tears building and turned away, not before Mikasa put her hands on Annie's cheeks pulling her face back. Mikasa looked her in the eyes and kissed her full force, Annie in shock, crying. Mikasa's eyes flew open and she pulled away from Annie and put her hand to her lips, tears pouring. Mikasa slipped back into her room, and whispered.
"I'm so sorry, Annie-" she was saying before she slammed the door in her face.
Annie turned sharply and slammed her door too. Annie looked down at her hands and started to tremble.
"GOD DAMNIT!" She shouted and punched the wall, cracking the plaster. Annie growled and opened the drawer in her dresser that kept her secrets. She changed into the black jeans and shirt. She pulled the bandana over her face and placed the gun in her belt. She pulled on her boots and stuffed her keys inside. She left the apartment without telling Mikasa, and slammed the door behind her. She didn't know where she was going, but she knew what she was going to do.
•~•~•
Mikasa heard the door slam and she let out a raspy sob. Annie isn't like that. She knew she should have kissed her, it would all just crash down, just like last time... Mikasa laid down on her bed and brought her hand above her head, stretching up the arm and having no emotion. She was void, just like all those years ago.
Why am I remembering that now? She thought to herself as the flashbacks came.
Some years ago...
"Sasha! Saaaasha!" Mikasa shouted, looking for her friend. Sasha was hiding in the tree above her and let out a giggle before jumping down on top of her, sending the two tumbling to the ground.
"Mikasa!" Sasha shouted laughing. Mikasa showed a small smile and looked up at her with fondness. Sasha looked down at her, confused and a little dazed from the fall. Mikasa bit her lip and sat up and gently pressed her lips against Sasha's. Sasha screamed and fell backward.
"Mikasa, what the fuck?!" She screamed, pressing her back against the trunk of the tree. Mikasa felt the hot emotion of terror run through her skull and down her spine and into her chest.
"Mikasa, I might swing that way, but I sure as hell don't swing your way. Why would I like you, Mikasa? You're a murderer. You had sex with your brother. You turned him gay."
The present...
Mikasa remembered that moment like it was yesterday. No one hurt her more than Sasha that day. Except maybe the day she was... never mind that. Mikasa brought down her arm and sat up. She knew where she had to go. She picked up her phone and searched up the name she was looking for.
"Hey, Reiner. My place of yours?"