Chapter 6

Louis' POV

I spent the rest of Niall's shift with him and talking with Quinn. She is a very intelligent little girl for only being four years old and she is so much like Harry it's kind of scary. Besides the fact that she has blond hair and pale skin, that is far from what my best friend looks like, but she has green eyes that resemble his so much, as well as dimples when she smiles and slightly curly hair that undeniable comes from the Cheshire lad.

She told me all about her life and what she likes to do. She goes into remarkably good detail and I should know because I listened to her for a good three hours about it all until Niall was done with his shift. Who knew a four year old could have so much to share about their life. Then again this is Niall's daughter and my niece.

Niall told me about his last five years living here in St. Paul, how he was shocked to find out that he could get pregnant. He cried about how hard it was to decide to leave the band, but how he doesn't regret the decision because it gave Quinn the chance of having a normal life, away from the spotlight.

 When Niall was finished with his shift I saw him come out from the kitchen without his apron, instead he had on his thick winter coat. In his hand he held a small purple coat for Quinn and a pink backpack. "Come on, Darling, we have to go to the store to get food for dinner."

"No!" Quinn shouted before grabbing on to my arm tightly. "I want to stay with Louis. I like him!" My heart melted at her announcement. Within the short time I have known her now, the small girl had already wormed her way into my heart, grabbing on to my heartstrings with no sign of letting go any time soon.

Niall knelt down in front of his daughter, "Baby girl, he has to go back to his hotel and we have to go home."

"I don't want to go to stinky store," she pouted, before turning and looking at me with her big green eyes. She was pulling the same face that Harry has so many times, when ever he wanted something from me. I have never been good at say no to my best friend, and now I know I won't be any better at saying no to her because I melted at the sight instantly.

"She can come to the hotel with me while you shop and you can pick her up from there," I told her my plan, before picking the small girl up and grabbing the jacket and backpack from his hands deciding not to take no for an answer.

Quinn was giggling in my arms as I walked to the door. "My number is the same as before!" I yelled over my shoulder at him as I walked out of the cafe, a shocked Niall standing in the same place I left him watching me leave with Quinn.

When I arrived at the hotel in the car I carried her inside with me, thankful that there was no paparazzi waiting outside for us. So far I am loving St. Paul, there is not a lot of fans following us everywhere and the paparazzi is pretty much nonexistent here. It's a really quiet and nice place to be, I see why Niall came here.

I arrived at our floor at the hotel, but decided not to go into my room but instead go into Zayn's room where most likely the other boys were. As soon as I walked inside the three lads turned to look at me with questioning faces.

"Louis... Why do you have a little girl with you?" Liam asked walking up to me with Harry and Zayn behind him.

"This is Quinn!" I told them with a smile. She gave them a shy wave before hiding her face in my neck. "She is the little girl from the cafe yesterday," I explained to them. 

"I can see that," Liam told me, reaching his hand out, gently touching the small girl's back. She lifted her head slightly to look at him and Liam gave Quinn a kind smile, before turning back to me, "but why do you have her with you?"

"We are babysitting her for an hour or so," I shrugged waking past my three shocked friends and sitting on the couch in the room. I placed the Quinn's backpack on the floor next to the couch, then sat down. Lifting the small girl off of me, I placed her on my side so Quinn sat next to me, her tiny hand still clutching to my shirt a bit scared to be in an unfamiliar place, I assume.