Chapter 2: M.R.

Cassiopeia

That sign! It's gotta be..

"Hold on! That sign is-" but before I could finish my statement someone other than the one on the top of the building teleported in front of us then in a blink of an eye the intruder in the cloak is planning to leave again. Simultaneously, Kaius donned his armor from thin air then slashed the intruder even though his sword is still sheated. I see.. So he's really not the one who killed Marion.

The intruder screamed and blew off to the building's wall and we learned that it's a she. "Speak up if you don't want to die early. Who's your boss and what is his purpose?" his silver eyes now possessed two red circle glowing marks that is in the edge of his iris. Dark energy is now coming out from his body and I saw that the trees that surrounded us turned into leafless dead living things.

"H-how in the world.." I was in awe and felt the instability in the air. What magic power.. I haven't encountered this kind of magic power in the tomes.

She laughed while gurgling sounds of blood came out from her mouth. "So your the infamous Grimreaper. Listen up I don't care if I die early. When we achieve our goals then it'll be worth it!" then she turned her head ninety degrees while she smiled with menace. I saw how the muscles in her neck twisted and the sound of her neck breaking.

Her body started to vanish like she's a hologram. We saw the mark that seems familiar to me in her nape glowing. It was an infinity symbol. I'm sure I read something about that symbol in the tomes. I just couldn't remember what book and what it's about.

Kaius and I backed up a bit and saw that there were only two letters that was left of her trace. Both of us didn't get the letters because I know he's thinking the same thing- maybe it's cursed.

Then just as I thought of that in a second he suddenly bent to get it. "Hey! Don't touch it!" I saw him calmly picked up the letters and then I covered my face, afraid that something might happen.

I heard him giggle and then laughed sweetly. I felt my cheeks are blushing and I was really annoyed. "What's so funny?"

"It's just that you're so cute when you're being cautious. You're like a kitten." he continued to giggle and was mesmerized because I never saw him laugh like that even in our years in the Academy. Then my mind came back to reality and I was about to playfully punch him when he suddenly disappeared in front of me. I could smell his scent in my back and suddenly froze because I felt his breathing in my nape even if he lightly distanced himself.

"You can't touch me. After what you saw you should not do it" I turned around and saw his tired and deep eyes. The color of his eyes never ceased to amaze me. It's just so unique. I smiled.

I created an illusion of me hugging him but he backed off a bit. "Don't worry, it's just an illusion. Even if we're fellow Warlocks I still believe that magic should be used for making people happy and protecting what we think is right."

He scratched his nape and averted his eyes from from me. "You're still naive as ever." he sighed. Even though his eyes are always staring at me coldly I saw a hint of a warm feeling in his eyes. Or is it just my imagination?

"Anyway.." I dissipitated the illusion then handed the letter to me."Don't worry it's not cursed like you think it is. Fortunately my armor absorbs all negative things including curses."

I looked at it and just as I expected, the infinity symbol is in here also. "Isn't the infinity symbol being redundant now?" I looked at him and I saw his face like he's thinking so deeply while we looked at the letter.

I tried to open it but realized that it was a piece of paper with a drawing of the format of a real envelope. Then in the bottompart there was a line. I thought for a second if it requires our signature but suddenly the paper cut the both of us in the thumb then we saw our own signature in blood in the paper. The paper then made the envelope real and now it has an opening. We looked at each other then opened it. The golden words flew out from the opening and I froze in shock when I read the message.