Meeting

LOGAN

"Hi, Ms. Dennis this is A&A debt collectors and we're just calling to remind you......" I tuned them out of after that.

This was the fifth message they were leaving me this week, add that the the constant letters I got from them in the mail. Like damn! I know I'm in debt, nobody forgets they're in debt, especially if you owe as much as I do.

I laid sprawled out on my bed, thinking of my life. I needed to find another job as soon as possible. Since the little incident with my ex boss who I'd been a personal assistant to, I had been put on what they called a "temporary leave" without pay. That was just a nicer and more professional way to tell me I was fired. I guess he didn't want anything on paper tainting his image, so they just decided to quietly let me go.

Losing that job had changed my life drastically, I went from living in a large spacious loft in downtown Houston to living in a one bedroom apartment. Had to trade in my Mercedes G Wagon for an '02 Camry, sold a lot of my high end clothes, shoes, and bags just to get my bills paid.

I'd been jobless for exactly a year. I didn't know it was going to be this hard to find another job. I always laughed whenever I watched the news and they would talk about how many unemployed people were in America, I found it funny because I figured if you have the credentials and the degree, and wanted a Job, you apply for it, go for an interview and that's it, you get the job. I was used to having things easy, and at the moment, life was throwing me some pretty serious curveballs.

Well, I'm definitely eating my words now. Getting a job is no joke. I looked around my small room and over to my dresser where my bills were piled up on and sighed. This is what my life had turned into. Living almost hand to mouth, depleted savings, restless nights, and wallowing in my self pity. I tried cheering myself up with the thought of the interview I had the next morning, hoping this would finally be the one that worked out.

I was about to fall asleep and just forget about my problems, even if it was just for a little while when my home phone rung again. I let the answering machine pick it up and as expected it was the same people who'd been calling me for months.

"Hi Ms. Dennis this is A&A debt collectors, we're just calling to remind you.." again, I couldn't let it finish. Do these people work all 24hrs? It made no sense for them to be calling me so late.

I felt the anger and rage surge through me as I got up from my bed, stormed towards the phone, picked it up and chucked it at the wall watching it break into pieces upon contact.

"Finally! Some peace!" I yelled out to no one in particular.

I was still reveling in the silence, letting it envelop me until it finally dawned on me that I had I just broken my phone. I had just broken my only means of communication. How the hell am I going to replace it with no money? How would I know if I got a job if there was no working phone for them to call me on? I got consumed in my thoughts, thinking of how I had gotten to this point.

After a few hours, I decided I didn't want to wallow in my self pity so I decided to get dressed and head out for the night, party and drink my troubles away.

I got dressed in a black tight fitting bandage dress with a low neckline, showing my perky c cups, my last pair of  black red bottomed designer shoes that I just refused to let go, due to it being a graduation present from my late mother. I left my 3c hair in its natural unruly curly state, which perfectly framed my oval face, and I did a light makeup, because with Houston's unpredictable weather, you never knew if you'd be sweating the makeup off immediately you stepped outside.

I took one last look at my curvy body in my full length mirror, and I smiled at my reflection. One thing I could definitely say I was very proud of was my body. I'm a gym rat, no matter how stressful life got, I never neglected my body. My apartment had a gym, and whenever I wasn't looking for a job, I was in there blowing off steam. I wasn't really muscular, but I was very toned. 5ft 8inches tall, medium sized boobs, flat toned stomach, wide hips, fat ass that I was very proud of thanks to my mom, and thick thighs to match. To put it lightly, I was stacked, and I knew it.