18

"Alec you don't owe me an apology I know why you were concerned but I would really appreciate it if you would tell Clary that you are sorry for the things you said to her this morning. Honesty you were really out of line with some of the things you said. I know how much your words towards her hurt me so you can only imagine how she feels right now. She thinks you hate her; please tell her you don't hate her."

Alec looks at me with understanding in his blue eyes for a moment before turning to Clary.

"Clary I truly am sorry for the things I said this morning; I didn't mean to hurt you. I promise you that I don't hate you; I just don't want you to hurt my brother again."

"I hurt her too Alec. Please don't make her out to look like the villain here because I am just as guilty as she is; if not more so."

"What exactly happened? When did you two figure this all out?" Izzy asks.

"The details about what happened aren't important to anyone but me and Clary. The only thing I can explain to you is that what happened is my fault..."

"Jace, that's not true..."

"Yes it is Clary. You don't understand because you are so good; you are so damned good Clary and I nearly ruined all your goodness. If I would have just been more patient with you when you needed your space then I wouldn't have felt the need to leave and you wouldn't have felt so alone. I'm sorry Clary. I am so damned sorry that I left you alone when you needed me the most. I promise that I will always be here for you from now on."

Clary surprises me by kissing me hard on the mouth; not caring one bit if Alec or Izzy are watching. I smile at her before turning to Izzy again to answer her second question.

"As far as when we figured this all out; the answer to that question is a little complicated. I think we have had feeling for each other for months now but two weeks ago those feelings came to the surface for the two of us. I guess we were both scared and confused. We both finally admitted how we felt yesterday."

"It's obvious that Clary loves you; she has been in love with you pretty much since the first day she got here. Do you love her Jace?"

"Yes I do Izzy."

"Do you really though? How can we...how can Clary trust that your feelings for her are because you love her and not just because you want in her pants. How do you know you aren't just mistaking how intriguing the idea of being with a virgin is with love?"

"You listen to me Iz..."

I quickly cover Clary's mouth with my hand before she can say anything she will regret to Izzy.

"I love her Izzy. I can tell you that over and over again until I am blue in the face but only time will prove to you that I do love her."

"Okay time will tell but please don't hurt her Jace. She is such a sweet girl and I can't stand the thought of you ruining her."

"And how do you know she won't ruin him Izzy? Guess what you don't know that because just like he said they both love each other and only time will prove to us that that love is real. I think we should stop talking about all of this now. Jace just got home yesterday and thank god that Clary is finally out of her room. They both seem happy so just let them be happy."

"Thank you Alec." I say to him with a smile on my face.

Alec returns my smile and gets up to leave the room; he grabs ahold of Izzy and drags her out of the room with him as he leaves. When I look at Clary her eyes are sad and she is wringing her fingers again. I grab her hands to stop her fidgeting and smile at her.