42

AUTHERS NOTE: Hello to all my lovely readers! I hope your day is going well. I just want to thank you all for your feedback on the story so far. I have had many, many great words from you and even some...well not so nice words...but I believe honesty is always best and people have a right to their own opinion. I just hope that I haven't or don't lose any of you readers because I cherish each and every one of you; and please keep your comments coming (Good and Bad) because I love them all. I have had a wonderful time writing this story and have experienced the highs and lows of it. Some of the content in the next few chapters was extremely difficult for me to write and has truly caused me pain and heartache but I had a plan for this story and decided to stick with the plan. Until next time enjoy my lovelies....with love...N...

Song List For This Chapter...

Daughtry - Life After You

OneRepublic - Secrets

Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone

Neon Trees - Animal

Nelly - Just A Dream

The Script - Breakeven

Green Day - 21 Guns

Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober

30 Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

Eminem - Cleanin' Out My Closet

Default - Wasting My Time

Enrique Iglesias - Hero

The nurse turns her head away from me and begins rapidly typing away on the keyboard of the computer that sits in front of her.

"Let me look up the name. Is Fairchild one word or is it hyphenated?"

"No just one word; F-A-I-R-C-H-I-L-D." My voice shakes as I spell Clary's last name for the nurse.

"Jace! Alec! Over here." Izzy's loud voice makes me turn my attention away from the nurse.

Izzy is sitting on a bed across from the nurse station; she has tiny cuts all over her face and her left arm is in a sling. Her right pant leg on her tight jeans is cut the whole way up to her knee and she has a large bandage wrapped around her calf. Alec rushes to her side and carefully hugs her.

"Izzy! What happened to you?" Alec asks.

Izzy has tears streaming down her cheeks and she makes no attempt to wipe them away or even control her loud sobs. Seeing my sister cry so publicly only makes my panic rise further; Izzy almost never cries and she would never ever cry in front of strangers.

"I-I don't really know...we were in the car and Clary was driving...it just came out of nowhere...I don't even..."

As much as I want to try to under the confusing words that my sister is mumbling through her loud sobs; the nurse behind the counter is trying to get my attention so I turn away from my siblings to see what the nurse has to tell me.

"What did you say your name was young man?"

"Oh I didn't...its Jace; Jace Wayland."

"Okay Jace I don't have a whole lot of information on Clarissa for you at the moment because she only got here a short time ago. What I can tell you is that she was in an automobile accident and that she is under the care of Dr. Stubben; it also says here that she is in O. R. number three."