Chapter 3

Searching in Nightmares

Chapter 3

"Ok good. Now you all can go." Koenma said sending all of the team on its way.

Enyo and the four guys made it to a house build in a secluded forest in the human realm. The house was large with a decent size courtyard out front and a small fountain in the middle. As they walked through the double front doors, Enyo was impressed; they walked through the entry way that lead into what she assumed to be the living room. It was very spacious, a long L shaped couch and a love seat with a great coffee table between them, and an 80 inch flat screen TV mounted up on the wall in front of it all with a fire place below it. The dining room and kitchen was off to the right, and a hallway to the left, and a staircase next to that.

"I'll show you to your room Ms. Miyako." Kurama said. Yusuke and Kuwabara went straight for the couch to watch TV or play games or whatever boys that age do, and Hiei went right for the large windowsill in the living room that was to the right of the stairs. Enyo followed the fox demon up the stairs and down the long hallway. Enyo's room was the third door on the left, Kurama smiled at her and opened the door motioning her to enter. He stepped in behind her and looked around the bare room. It was a fairly large room with the bed in the far right corner, off to the left of the bed there were double doors that lead out to a decent size balcony, to the left of the doors was a dresser. On the next wall were two other doors, one leading to the walk-in closet and the other to the bathroom, which had a walk-in shower and a large Jacuzzi like tub. And finally on the same wall the entry door was on was a vanity dresser with all the necessities a women needs. "Koenma said we can go to the store whenever you would like to pick up anything you may need." Kurama's gentle voice rang through her new room.

Turning on her heels, Enyo gave Kurama a slight smile, "Thanks Kurama." With that Kurama left Enyo to her new room and joined the rest of the team downstairs. Enyo sighed taking in her new home. She wondered over to the closet and saw that there were some basic clothes in there for her. She grabbed a plain black T-shirt and light blue shorts, underwear and bra from the dresser and closed the bathroom door behind her.

As the bath water ran, Enyo undressed. She sank into the bubbly, steaming hot water and relaxed; the water feeling so soothing against her sink. She was in a tranquil state, until a knocking from her bedroom door pulled her out of it.

"Dinner is almost ready," Kurama's voice said, muddling going through the walls. Enyo took this as the time to get out and dry herself out. She slipped on her new clothes and made her way downstairs. As she passed through the living room, she noticed Yusuke and Kuwabara were not there, but Hiei was, still in his window sill staring outside. Ignoring him, she continued into the dinner room where Kurama was just setting the last dish on the table and Kuwabara and Yusuke were seated already filling their plates with food. "Help yourself," Kurama said as he took his seat next to her; the other two baboons were shoveling food into their mouths. Hesitantly, Enyo started to fill her plate with small portions of food and eating.

The dinning was uneventful, other than Yusuke and Kuwabara scooping their servings of food in their mouths. Enyo took her finished plate to the kitchen sink; as she left the kitchen and headed through the dining room to the living room, she noticed that Hiei was standing there filling a small plate with food. She ignored him once again and continued into the living room where Yusuke and Kuwabara were sitting watching TV.

Kurama finally joined the three in the living room after finishing the dishes; after about fifteen minutes, the show the group was watching was over and the three boys stood up.

"Well I've gotta get home and make sure my damn mom hasn't destroyed the apartment." Yusuke said while stretching.

"Yeah, I gotta get home too. I've gotta history test to study for tomorrow!" Kuwabara said, grinning as if he was proud of himself for saying he needed to study.

"And I must get back. My mother is probably starting to worry about me." Kurama spoked. Enyo nodded and the boys said their goodbyes and exited the large building. Hiei had returned to his window sill and he and the young girl sat there in silence.

Twenty minutes had passed...the long awkward silence was killing Enyo to the point her right leg was twitching uncontrollable. "Seriously?! You're not going to say a damn thing?!" She finally yelled out to the unexpected fire demon. He held his surprise in as he stared back at the young girl through the reflection of the window. Her impatience got the best of her as she stormed up the stairs to her new bedroom.