Kiss Cam (Adrienette)

Marinette's POV

I need to get out of this class now. I don't think I can handle another minute of humiliation from Chloe, the snobby, spoiled and ridiculously confident daughter of the Mayor.

"Oh Marinette! Look at this ring my little Adrikins gave me. It's so shiny and so beautiful! Ugh, I totally bet it's worth much more than your family's bakery," snickered Chloe. "Oh! It totally has more worth than your own life," said Sabrina. 'Well without me, Paris wouldn't even exist so why don't you take your snobby little face out of my business,' I thought but instead, I just stared at my hands with my eyes filling up with tears. I can't take it anymore I need to-

Riiiiinnggg riiiiinnnggg.

I quickly rushed out of the room and into the cafeteria while wiping away my tears after Ms. Bustier announced that we had to read 50 pages of our French textbook by Monday. The tables fill up quickly during lunch time and today, I have to be the one to reserve for Alya and me because she had some 'important Ladyblog issues to attend to'.

By the time I got to the cafeteria, my face looked brand new. As if nothing happened during classs. I guess I got so used to wearing a disguise to the point that I could even cover up my own emotions. (A/N: Deeeeeppp af) I rushed over to the closest available table and sat right down. I was just about to read the assignment when Alya burst out behind me.

"Ohmygosh, gurl!!!" squealed Alya.
"What?"
"Guess who's going to the game tonight!"
"Hmmm... Let me guess... How about a girl named Alya?"
"CORRECT!" shouted Alya. Some people from the other tables turned around to glare at us.
"OMG Alya. Could you shut your big mouth? People are trying to eat here. Your mouth is so big that I could even put a school bus in it! HAHAHAHAHAH!" Said Chloe. I started to get up but Alya told me to sit back down.

"Gurl she's not even worth my time or yours so don't even bother. Anyway, Nino gave me two tickets to the game tonight! And guess what?"
"What?"
"You're coming with me!"
"But-"
"No buts. Marinette, this is a game for Ladybug and Chat Noir! One team will have their outfits modeled after Ladybug and the other modeled after Chat Noir. It's for my Ladyblog and all the tickets are sold out. So it's either you're going with me to have fun or you're going with me to sulk. Either way, you're going with me no matter what."

I absolutely hated it when she does that, but she is Alya and Alya is my best friend so I have to do this for her. Besides, I do owe her for giving me courage to talk to Adrien.

"Fine, I'll go but you're buying the popcorn, hotdogs and drinks," I muttered. Alya mumbled something in my ear and hugged me so tight to the point I had to tap out.

I think she said 'You won't regret it.'

⚫️🔴5 hours later🔴⚫️

Adrien's POV

Gorilla and I picked up Nino at his house. We drove to the arena 30 minutes before the game just so we weren't too early. "Oh dude, I forgot to tell you. I invited Alya and she invited Marinette. So later at the game, is it okay if I sit beside Alya and you sit beside Marinette?" asked Nino.
"Sure dude, anything for you. And I also wanna talk to Marinette you know? Get to know her a bit more."
"Mhhhhhmmmm... Dude, it sounds like you're starting to like the girl."
"What? No! She's just a friend to me. Nothing more, nothing less."
"Whatever dude."
'She's just a friend to me.' At least that's what I tell myself when I feel like I'm starting to feel like she's more than that.

We buy ourselves some popcorn and coke then I follow Nino as we make our way down to our seats. I instantly spot a bluenette with pigtails munching on some popcorn. I think Alya makes a joke because she suddenly starts to flail everywhere while laughing and it's by far the cutest thing I have ever seen. Wait what?! She's just a friend. That's it. Just a friend.

"Hey dudes," greeted Nino.
"Hey Nino, wanna sit beside me?" asked Alya.
"Sure, and by the way, I brought Adrien with me."

Marinette instantly freezes in her chair when I sit down beside her then she relaxes a bit. "Hey," I say as I give a little wave to Marinette. "H-Hey Adrien. Good look you- I m-mean you look good," she stumbles as she face palms herself. I think it's adorable when she does that though. "Thanks, you too." I can literally see her cheeks turn a shade darker than Ladybug's costume. If only she was Ladybug.

"So what are you sketching?" I ask.
"O-Oh! I-it's just some dress that I'd like to wear to prom."
"Wanna tell me the details?"
"Sure. So it's based off Ladybug's costume and I wanted it to accentuate her best details and stuff. It's a ball gown so it's poofy. The lining is silk but I want it to have a bit of volume so I designed it to have three layers. The first is the lining, the second is black-"

At that point I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying. She looked so beautiful when she was confident and when she didn't stumble on her words. Her bluebell eyes caught the light and made it shine brighter than ever. I was so caught up with looking at the details on her face that I didn't even realize that she was done speaking. She blushed when she caught me staring at her and our faces were only a few inches apart. "Oh u-uh I uh love you- I mean your designs. I think you'll look gorgeous- I mean stunning in that dress." I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. I never stuttered around her. I barely even stuttered at all. I almost said I love you. I mean it's somewhat true but-

"GET READY EVERYBODY BECAUSE WE ARE ABOUT TO START THE GAME SO WHILE WAITING, WE'RE GOING TO BE PLAYING A GAME CALLED KISS CAM! BASICALLY IF YOU APPEAR ON THE SCREEN WITH THE PERSON BESIDE YOU, YOU ARE GOING TO KISS THEM UNTIL WE SWITCH TO ANOTHER PAIR! THERE WILL BE ONLY TEN PAIRS FOR THE KISS CAM SO YOU BETTER HOPE YOU AREN'T ONE OF THEM!"

The announcement brought me back to reality. The camera started to sweep around the arena. The first pair was an old couple, probably in their late seventies. The second pair was apparently Kim and of course, Chloe. Marinette and Alya giggled as they heard Chloe disagree but the Kiss Cam was on them so she didn't have a choice. It kept on picking random pairs and one of them was Alya and Nino. They kissed for a solid 5 seconds.

I was staring at Marinette sketch when the announcer said "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! OUR LAST PAIR IS..." Then the camera started to swoop closer to my my section. Then it swooped down to my row, my palms were getting sweaty. Then it landed on me and Marinette.

Marinette's POV

I was sketching a pair of shoes when Adrien put his finger under my chin to turn my face to him ever so gently. I looked into his emerald green eyes as he pulled me closer. We were a few inches apart when I saw him give me a soft smile and a look I've never seen him give me before. My breathing hitched when our lips made contact and I closed my eyes as I kissed him back. It wasn't extravagant but it was sweet. His lips were soft and I could feel him smile. He slowly pulled away and made our foreheads touch. I was staring into his eyes as he gave me a forehead kiss.

Adrien's POV

I gave her a forehead kiss and she blushed madly. She slowly returned to sketching as I stared at her again. I wanted to tell myself that she was just a friend. I wanted to tell myself that I didn't care for her as something more.

But she wasn't just a friend and I did care for her as something more. So I just gave up telling myself that she was just a friend because I knew I was just wasting my time if I told myself something that wasn't true.

⚫️🔴The End🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴Don't forget to follow, vote and share!🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴I hope you guys enjoyed! XOXO Yanna🔴⚫️