Valentine (Adrienette & Marichat)

⚫️🔴This story is in third person🔴⚫️

Adrien stood nervously by the corner of the ice cream parlor, speech ready in his mind. He asked Alya if she was going out with Marinette this afternoon and unfortunately, Alya and Marinette were going to the ice cream parlor after school. Alya asked why but he just walked back to class.

He had to tell her now or else he wouldn't have the guts to tell her anytime soon - or worse - someone could ask her first. He was thinking of ways to tell her when the door to the shop creaked open, revealing two giggling girls.

Marinette.

"Hey guys!" He said as he waved his hand at the girls but keeping his eye on Marinette. "Hey," they both said in unison. "Oh, uh... I gotta get going now. See you tomorrow, Mari! You too, Adrien!" blurted out Alya as she gave Marinette a shove forward and getting a flustered Mari in return. Thank you, Alya.

"Hey, Mari. Want me to walk you home?" Adrien rubbed the back of his neck. "S-sure. I-uh- love you... I mean I'd love to." Marinette walked a safe distance beside Adrien.

They stayed quiet the whole trip back to Mari's bakery. "C'mon dude just do it. She's right beside you," whisper-yelled Plagg. "Huh? What did you say?" asked Marinette.

"I uhhh w-wanted to ask this girl to be my Valentine and I don't know what to give her... And since you're a girl, what do you think I should give...?" Adrien panicked and never stuttered or stumbled on his words around Marinette. This was new to him, but Marinette's disappointed face was new to him as well.

"Well for me... A bouquet of roses - probably a dozen white ones - should do the trick. Maybe some books and pastries. Ooh! Maybe a poem would be nice too." Marinette was surprised at her own words. She didn't stutter as she looked at Adrien straight in his emerald green eyes and he looked back at hers.

"Thanks, Mari. I'll take it into consideration." Adrien hugged her and waved goodbye. A small smile was tugging on both of their lips.

Plagg zoomed out of Adrien's pocket as he turned a corner and into an alley. "I don't know! Being around her makes me nervous... At least I was able to know what she wants right?" Adrien shrugged. "Dude you can't just barge into her room and expect her to say yes!" reasoned Plagg.

"I can't... But maybe a certain kitty can." Adrien rushed out of the alley and to the nearest flower shop.

⚫️🔴11:58 pm, February 13🔴⚫️

Marinette was drowning in homework. All that Akuma fighting wasn't doing too good for her studies but she always puts others first before herself. And right now, she was suffering the consequences.

She couldn't concentrate on what she was doing. Today's events kept on replaying in her mind - Adrien walking her home, Adrien talking to her (although he was talking about some other girl, she didn't care), Adrien hugging her.

She had to bite back a scream when a certain kitty jumped into her room through a trapdoor that connected her room and the roof. "Ameow interrupting anything?" Chat purred and I laughed.

"Nothing, except for my quality time with some good ol' homework. Really, Chat? Now's not the time. I'm drowning in homework. Could this night get any worse?" And as if on cue, the digital clock on her desk chimed 12:00 am, February 14. "Great. I have homework to do, a kitty in my room and I'm alone on Valentine's day."

"Not for long, Purrincess." Chat hopped onto the roof and came back into the room with gifts.

Marinette looked at the gifts in Chat's arms. A bouquet of a dozen white roses, with a card attached to to the wrapping, three books, and a couple donuts and cupcakes.

She took in all the gifts and read the card. It said:

Your hair is navy blue like the ocean's hue
Your eyes blue as the heavens
I want to ask is who are you?
And when I do, you fly away like the ravens

I see you every day and I would like you to give me a sign,
I shall love you till the end of my days,
So please- will you be my Valentine?

Marinette was lost for words. She loved it. The roses, the books, the pastries, the poem. "How did you-"

"Well for me... A bouquet of roses - probably a dozen white ones - should do the trick. Maybe some books and pastries. Ooh! Maybe a poem would be nice too."

She only told Adrien what she wanted. Marinette looked at Chat, really looked at him.

They had the same bright green, the same messy blond hair, the same voice, the same height, but they had different personalities. Then again, she did have a different personality compared to Ladybug.

How could she not notice? Chat was Adrien. Chat liked Ladybug. Ladybug was Marinette. Marinette likes Adrien. It was confusing but it was the truth.

They stood there looking at each other square in the eye. Both too scared to move or else it would break the contact.

Marinette took a step forward.

"Adrien?" Marinette whispered as Chat slowly transformed back into Adrien. "Wait, before anything happens, I just want too tell you. I'm Ladybug."

"I've known that for quite a while now, Bugaboo."

They both stepped forward. Marinette inclined her head and Adrien dipped his, their noses touching and their mouths inches apart. Adrien leaned in and captured both their lips in a slow deep kiss. It wasn't rough or rushed. It was sweet and so were they.

Adrien and Marinette both pulled back at the same time, never breaking eye contact.

"So will you be my Valentine?" He asked.

"Of course. Forever and always," she whispered as she leaned in for another kiss.

And the rest was history.

⚫️🔴The End🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴Don't forget to follow, vote and share!🔴⚫️
⚫️🔴I hope you guys enjoyed! XOXO Yanna🔴⚫️