Chapter 3: Night owl

Matthew ripped through the screen like I knew he would and stumbled through my window with a drunken smile plastered on his face. I knew he must've scored with both girls because he smelled like an old woman's perfume, and Audrey's lipstick covered his cheeky face.

I wouldn't mind his late night intrusions if he didn't kick and complain as he crawled into bed with me, and he was naturally always cold blooded so he used my warmth as his own personal heater. He's selfish sometimes....most of the time.

"Don't puke in my bed," I warned groggily, "My parents are going to think you're dying or something."

"Shut up, I'm not going to puke," He lied holding his stomach.

I sprung out of bed and threw him in the bathroom before he vomited all over me, and the smell reeked worse than Kelly in the flesh.

Of course the mess was spread all over the floor because Matthew would die before he did me any favors like puking in the toilet.

"You are such a pig," I grumbled examining the rancid puddle in front of me, "Why do you bother eating anymore? It just ends up on my floor."

"I'll never turn down free food," He replied slumping in the bathtub, "I'm not getting any at home."

Damn it. I sounded insensitive, and it actually mattered when it was targeted at Matthew.

"Just forget I said anything," I muttered sitting down next to him, "I'm just an idiot."

"Don't go soft on me man, I hate when you pity me," He asserted laying against me, "Especially when I do something bad."

Before I had the chance to ask him what he meant, I heard the distant sound of a police siren patrolling the neighborhood, and he must've sensed my irritation because he was smirking confidently.

"What did you do?" I asked rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes.

"I got you a present," He replied squirming out of the bathtub like a drowned spider.

He retrieved his bag from my room and removed something blue and glowing from inside of it encased in delicate glass.

"It's a jellyfish," He explained tossing it my way.

I quickly grabbed it from the air before it broke into a million pieces, and spun the strange item in my fingers.

"Why did you get a jellyfish?" I asked looking to him, but he was too busy invading my medicine cabinet to acknowledge my question.

Removing myself from my small tub I decided I may as well go back to sleep, and Matthew shortly joined me afterward smelling of mint.

"You used my toothbrush, didn't you?" I asked without bothering to open my eyes.

"I'm not going to use your dad's, if that's what you're thinking," He replied sliding beneath the covers for warmth, "You changed your tooth paste."

I like it when you smell this way.

There was no chance I was telling this drunk fool such an intimate thing. He would've knocked me out cold as soon as the words left my lips. 

"Because you smell," I replied avoiding eye contact, "I thought mint would help at least a little bit Now don't vomit in my bed, I just washed the sheets after the last time."

Matthew laughed against me as he squirmed closer, and his body was already like an ice cube. Only the sound of the police siren filled the silence in the room, and I knew one day he was going to get caught.