Some time in 2007

Dear Grandpa,

Today you died.

Mommy and daddy haven't said anything to us yet, but I herd. They don't realise it yet, but I hear things I shouldn't. I shouldn't know but mommy wants to go to your furinal but daddy says we don't have enough money to go. Mommy got mad at this, so I don't think daddy will be going again. Daddy never comes with us into town. He's such a busy man, being gone and all. I don't like it when he's busy though, mommy looks sad and is always in her room.

On a more happy note we moved into a new house recently, it's almost the exact same as the last one, a trailer. This one is smaller and only has two rooms. My sisters and I have to share a room. This makes me mad, I use to have my own. It's ok I guess because in this new home we have a building on the side, this is daddies shop and he has all kinds of cool tools and parts in it. Daddy keeps talking about getting us some bikes but mommy laughed I don't know why.

Before your furinal I want to go to the river, but it's really cold so I'll try not to fall in. Along its banks there are black berry bushes, from what daddy said. We can't eat them yet because they are bright red and they need to be black. If you eat them now daddy said you can get tummy problems, whatever that means. I'm tempted to try one anyway.

~.........~

We went to school today! I have bad news. They are holding me back a grade because I got a C in something in my old school. I'm supposed to be the only other 3rd grader. The school is really small only one room for all of the students one part for the grade school the other for middle and high school. The other girl named Marie is really mean but she's the closest to my age so I'll have to be nice if I want any friends.

Me and my sister Angie are in the same table since we are in the same grade now. We have really easy work and it makes me mad I can't work with Marie, I ask the teacher everyday if I can go over but she says no, I'm not smart enough. It's not my grade level so I can't work on the graph paper she dose. She's working with lines and graphs and I'm still doing adding and timesing. I want something harder, but from what my teacher says I am not smart enough.

When we go out to play time there is all kinds of fun things. I like to play but the teachers have a rule, only 6th grade and higher can go up the hill, on the hill is trees and a basket ball court. Since they won't let me at the right table I sneak up to the court whenever the teachers aren't looking. I laugh when they yell for me to come down. Today I met Cassy she's a year younger then me but we are in the same grade. She is really nice and I just know I can tell her everything. She's going to be my new best friend. We sit on the hill just high enough to see but not high enough to get in trouble. Cassie has a strict mom and if her parents knew she was breaking rules she would be in trouble.

Today we sit on the top of the hill. We are talking about school and her house. She lives in a really big house in the other town above us.

"My grandpa died." I tell her pulling out grass from the floor.

"Oh" she says looking at the floor. " how, do you know?"

" No I just herd my parents talking about it."

" Are you going to his furinal?" she asked.

" What's that?" I asked uncertainty.

" My mom said its a celebration of life but everyone cry's. My cousin died in a car accident and i had to go to his. That's why I know but my mom was really sad. I don't know why."

"Oh I wonder if we are going."

At that the whistle blew and we left for our lessons. Later that day mommy came and took me out of school to go to his "furinal" whatever it was.

~,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,~

**Authors note**

Sorry I haven't updated in a while this has been sitting in unpublished because I'm not sure how to explain the complexity of this story. I was thinking about deleting this book but I don't think I can, this was the first one to get added into someone's story thank you QuotevGal . But comment and tell me where I can make this story better

Now with the book, the language changed because they are little girls. After a few years you will see her language change and become more inelegant for now she's 10 so remember. That's all.