Chapter 25

*Ryan’s POV*

            I was sitting on the side of the bed, waiting for Sammy to come back, when I heard her scream my name. I leapt up and raced to the door, nearly ripping it off its hinges as I barreled through it. I flew down the stairs and skidded into the kitchen.

            In a split second, I saw the whole scene. Jason was leaning heavily on Sam, crushing her against the wall and cupping his crotch with one hand. The other hand was clamped over her mouth to prevent her from making any more noise. In that one second, I almost completely lost control of my wolf, but I managed to hold on by a thread.

            I ran to Jason and grabbed the back of his shirt, throwing him to the other side of the room, where he crumpled to the ground. Sammy slid to the floor and I was torn between ripping Jason to shreds or making sure Sam was okay. I heard a thud from above me and then footsteps coming racing down the stairs. A moment later, Charlie flew into the room and looked around frantically. He saw me standing near his sister and then took in the sight of Jason lying on the floor. Pure hatred crossed his face and he went over to Jason and started kicking the crap out of him.     

            Decision made for me, I crouched down and gathered Sammy into my arms. She latched onto me and clung as I sat down and cradled her in my lap. I put my lips against her hair and rocked her gently. When I realized that I was the one shaking, not her, I peered down at her face.

            Her eyes were locked on Charlie as he continued to beat on Jason. Her expression was a mix of anger and satisfaction. She looked up at me after a moment. “You should probably stop him before he kills him,” she said quietly.

            I nodded and placed her on the floor. I stood up and strode over to Charlie. I grabbed him and pulled him back. He struggled violently, but I managed to restrain him. “Sammy doesn’t want you to kill him,” I said calmly.

            Charlie blew out a long breath, then nodded, so I released him. He stepped up to Jason and spit on him before turning back around and walking over to Sammy. I followed him and was surprised to see that she was standing. Pride filled me when I realized that she had been able to fight back. The fact that Jason had been holding his crotch proved that.

            I slipped my arms around her and she leaned into me. I hugged her tightly, needing the contact almost as much as she did. I kissed the top of her head and pulled back slightly. “You’re not staying here anymore,” I told her firmly.

            She closed her eyes. “Where are we supposed to go? I’m not eighteen until the end of next month.”

            “You’re coming to stay at my place. Both of you are,” I added, looking at Charlie.

            But Samantha was shaking her head. “No, your mom won’t be happy about that. We can’t just show up like that.”

            “Sammy, you’re coming with me, whether you want too or not. I’m not leaving you here, and if I stay here much longer, I’ll kill him,” I jerked my head in Jason’s direction.

            “I agree with Ryan, Sam,” Charlie said quietly.

            We both turned to look at him in surprise. “You want to go to his place Charlie?” Samantha asked.

            He shrugged. “I don’t care where we go, but I don’t want you staying here. I know you won’t go without me, so I’ll go wherever you do. Ryan is offering us a safe place to stay. I think we should go with him.”