Finale

(Hey! Thanks for sticking through this little story until this chapter. So I know that in Trials of Apollo we actually see what happened to Leo, but I'm gonna stick with this AU because I've built it up this far. Sorry for faking you guys out a couple chapters back, but hopefully I made up for it in the last chapter. Enjoy the finale!)

      Piper and Leo had been sitting on the steps for what seemed like centuries. It must have been nearing 5, which was when they were supposed to meet up with Percy and Annabeth. He had hoped that Calypso would be coming with them, but now he wasn't too sure. Suddenly, his vision became black and he felt like he was falling. He opened his eyes to find himself back in the throne room, standing next to Calypso. He gave her a quick hug, then turned to face Zeus only to find him looking down at him. It was hard not to be intimidated, what with the literal king God staring you down.
"Your lightning-er, if I may, can Calypso come with us?"
      Zeus stared at him. "Be careful how you speak, demigod. I would not recommend being that blunt again, if you care about living." Leo heard Zeus's voice echo in his head. Hearing the god's true voice out loud snapped him out of his telepathy-induced trance. "Sorry, sir."
"We have decided that-" Calypso grabbed Leo's hand and squeezed it tight, "she may stay at the camp of her choosing for the time being."
Leo froze, then turned into Calypso, wrapping his arms around her so tightly that he must be hurting her, but she was squeezing him just as hard so it didn't matter. He kissed her cheek, tasting salt from her tears that were streaming down her face. I'mnotlosingherI'mnotlosingher was the mantra playing through his head. Finally, he could bring her back. He turned quickly, giving Piper a quick glance. She was smiling, and gave Leo a quick nod.
Wait- "For the time being?" Leo said, suddenly out of breath. What were the gods playing at this time? He looked over at his father, Hepheastus, only to see him look away. Crap.
"Yes, for the time being. She is still the daughter of a Titan." Zeus said.
At that exact moment, Percy and Annabeth walked in, hand-in-hand. Percy looked livid. "Sorry, everyone, but I have something to say," Poseidon put his face in his hands and shook his head. "Are you seriously not going to let Calypso go free? You promised that she would be freed years ago! Anyway, Leo died trying to find her. He died to save the world, including your kids. I nearly died and I got offered immortality. Doesn't her deserve to have his girlfriend?" Percy said, exasperated. Annabeth had been nodding along as he ranted, now she pulled him into a bow and practically dragged him out of the throne room,
The gods sat in silence, stunned by the demigod's rashness. Poseidon was flushed red, and began apologizing to Zeus. Leo guessed that it was because he didn't want to see his son vaporized. Zeus silenced him with a look, then returned his gaze to Leo. Both Leo and Calypso were sheet white. Nether of them could tell if Percy's outburst was going to help them or ruin their happy ending.
Finally, after a few minutes, Zeus spoke. "As your companion very blunt companions said, you do deserve to be rewarded. But it is only one reward, so choose carefully."
At that, Leo turned to Calypso. She looked at him with the oddest expression. It was as if she was trying to tell him- no, no way. Never gonna happen.
"I choose that I will be able to grow old with Calypso, both of us, together, at the same time." Leo said, proud of himself. He understood what Calypso was trying to say.
The gods didn't seem at all surprised by his choice. Aphrodite seemed nearly in tears herself. "As you wish. But be careful, as now she must be trained. If that really is your wish."
"It is. Thank you, sir." Leo said, grinning like a complete idiot. He and Calypso ran out of the throne room, and kept running, putting as much distance between them and the throne room before they ran out of breathe. They ended up in front of a fountain, where they proceeded into a very passionate make out session. Calypso was the one to break off. "Leo, how did you do it?"
Leo frowned comically. "Do what? Stay looking this good after dying?"
Calypso smiled, but shook her head. "No, Leo, how did you- how-?"
Leo smiled. "I knew what you were trying to say." In that second that she had looked at him in the grind room, he had understood what was never going to happen. She had wanted him to choose immortality. Since leaving Ogygia, she was still immortal. He guessed that she didn't want to have to see him die, so he implied that she would be mortal too. "But I'm never going to leave you."
"I'm never going to leave you either." Calypso said, misty eyed.
"Well, I hope not. I mean, I did die for you. That would probably be cou-" Leo began saying before Calypso planted her soft lips onto his.

For the first time in his life, Leo didn't mind being quiet.