Chapter 10

Day 3

Two more days. That's all the time that was left. The Society and Rebels no longer knew of A's whereabouts. Three days with no murders had passed; two of them, without threats or notes. Jonas and his cousins believed that A was dead. They had received a report from the police notifying them that A had been shot but made it out of the scene with the reporter. Jonas, Colton and Zeke had returned home that night from an alley, without as much as a clue of how they had made it there. All they knew was that they had joined the police on their search for Raven, and that they had all woken up in an abandoned alleyway. 

The rebels were growing restless. With no crimes or threats from A's behalf, the rebels felt as though A was now useless. They needed a new way to infiltrate themselves into the Society in order to take them out. 

You get into the heart of them...

...and then you pierce them!

Eric had finally removed Anastasia from his mind and was back to working with the rebels. After months of not knowing the girl's whereabouts, Eric decided that giving L a shot wouldn't hurt. L and himself had shared many rough, pleasuring nights in each other's room. The girl had fallen more and more in love with him. Eric knew that he would never gain feelings for L, especially after the girl had carelessly opened her legs to him without as much as a second thought.  Yet, he stayed by her side . He knew that she was the distraction he needed in life.

*~*

Jonas sat nervously across from Iris. He could feel sweat building up on his hands, heart speeding at a rapid speed as he nervously chewed on his bottom lip. 

The young man had invited the beautiful redhead to an expensive restaurant by the shore. The restaurant, Amour had recently opened up. Everything was dark except for the light coming from the candles on each table. Lanterns were hung high over the railings surrounding the small restaurant. The table being occupied by Jonas and Iris was set a couple of steps higher than all the other ones. On the floor around it, candles were lit; rose peddles filled the spaces between each candle. Soft, romantic music could be heard playing in the background. 

Iris was amazed at all the hard work being put forth by Jonas. A smile formed on her face as she stared at the nervous man before her; the man that had stolen her heart. With a small wink, the small woman turned her eyes to stare out to the ocean. Small waves crashed into the rocks surrounding the small boardwalk on which the restaurant was made. The moon casting its shadow upon the serene, clear waters.

*~*

L gripped Eric's toned arm tightly. The young girl was in love for the first time in her life. She couldn't help but feel her heart soar every time  she was near him. Everything about him pulled the young girl in. From his blonde messy hear, to his blue eyes... even the way his pink lips turned into a small smirk every time she embarrassed herself; Eric is a real man. He is everything she pictured her dream man to be.

Eric slowly walked the young girl along the shore, his bare feet digging into the soft sand. He could not believe what he was about to do, but he knew it was what was right. THe blonde man watched as his "girlfriend" danced gleefully ahead of him. 

She finally let go of my arm

Eric couldn't lie. L was a beautiful young woman; she was just too easy for his liking, something he would eventually have to learn to grow accustomed to. 

*~*

Jonas raised his glass of wine, "Let's make a toast!" The man smiled before continuing, "let today be the mark of a new beginning, one full of happiness."

Iris smiled before raising her glass of wine, "to a new beginning full of happiness." 

Their glasses clinked together before being raised to their lips. With a smile, both Iris and Jonas sipped from the wine.

*~*

Eric sat on a candlelit picnic blanket. He could see L smiling widely at the way he had set up everything.

A small picnic basket was placed in the middle of the blanket, a bottle of La Romanée Conti wine sticking out. Candles surrounded the small picnic blanket casting a small hue of light. A rose was laid on the pillow set for L to sit on. From where they sat, L and Eric had the perfect view of Amour, a restaurant that had recently opened up on the boardwalk. The music from the expensive restaurant was drifting towards them with the wind. 

L could not help but fall deeper in love with Eric. The man was truly a work of art. 

*~*

Both Jonas and Eric had unknowingly planned to do the same thing on the same day. Jonas out of love, and Eric out of pity. They stared at the girl's before them in determination. It was now or never. Both man stood before kneeling down in front of the girls. In their hand, small jewelry boxes were placed. 

Eric slowly opened the burgundy box as Jonas did the same to the royal blue one. Beautiful diamond rings were placed inside. 

The girls felt tears build up in their eyes. Iris softly placed a hand over her wide open mouth while L clapped in excitement.

While Jonas' Proposal was a little more loving:

"Iris, I love you so much. Meeting you was honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. I can't imagine life without you. I love everything about you, from the way you stand by my side through thick and thin, to the way you do everything you can to protect those you love. I love your beautiful eyes, and cherry red hair; I love your laugh... everything. When I think of the future, I can only picture you at my side. I want to have a big family and grow old by your side. So will you make me the luckiest man on this planet and marry me?"

Eric's was not and went straight to the point:

"L, you are a beautiful and strong. A woman like you would be one that anyone would be lucky to have by their side. Will you marry me?"

 Will you marry me?"