Chapter 2

Sawamura...?

  "What do you mean?!" Miyuki practically screamed at the shortstop, worry etched clearly on his face. Kuramochi gulped.

  "He's...I don't know. He's flipping out and screaming at all of us from out of nowhere."

  Miyuki wasted no time rushing to the room. Sure enough, Sawamura was exactly as Kuramochi has described; wild, screaming, clawing and scratching at anything and everything, help included. He could see Ryousuke and Chris trying frantically to calm the raging pitcher but every attempt was rejected. Sensing another presence, the older Kominato brother turned and motioned for Miyuki to do something.

  Miyuki scrambled to Sawamura's side and tried to reach for him. The thrashing pitcher batted his hand away but Miyuki did not give up, instead reattempting after each failure. Finally, he grabbed a hold of Sawamura's hand and squeezed tightly but reassuringly.

  "Sawamura, can you hear me?"

  Sawamura's thrashing eased slightly at the sound of Miyuki's voice. Taking this as a sign, Miyuki continued to soothe Sawamura down verbally along with a few gentle squeezes every now and then. Soon enough, Sawamura's calmed enough to fall back asleep, to everyone's relief.

  "Thanks, Miyuki. We couldn't have done it without you." Chris nodded gratefully at Miyuki, who politely nodded back.

  "So what happened when I was gone?" Miyuki couldn't help but ask, just in case Sawamura flips out again.

  "Well, we're not too sure but I reckon that it was a nightmare of some sort combined with the force of the fever. It happened roughly two hours after you left." Ryousuke briefly explained it to Miyuki, not mentioning how they interrupted his needed beauty sleep. He shrugged it off and decided to spend the night in the room instead, just so that he could watch over Sawamura, though he'd never admit that out loud.

  The night passed by peacefully.

  --Time Skip--

  Morning came sooner than appreciated to the current residents of the cramped room. The morning rays peeked through the curtains and shone onto the pitcher's face. He stirred and slowly awoke to the face of Miyuki, who was currently resting on the side of his bed, head rested against his arms.

  Sawamura was confused (and a bit flustered) and sat up as slowly as he could, to not disturb the resting brunet by his side and noticed that he wasn't the only one in the room. There was also Kuramochi, Chris and Ryousuke.

  He blinked.

  What are all the senpai's doing in my room for?

  He then recalled the previous day and remembered the game, the sudden pain in his leg, the bus ride home and...making it back to his room...? He couldn't remember if he had actually made it or not but based off the current situation he would think that he probably passed out somewhere.

  A sudden movement caught his eye as the catcher by his side was beginning to wake up. Sawamura didn't know what to do so he just payed back down and closed his eyes, hoping that he would fool him into thinking that he was still asleep. His heart thumped against his chest and he tried to feign sleep.

  "...Sawamura?" He heard Miyuki's voice and ignored it, maintaining his breathing to not give away the act.

  "..."

  There was only silence in the room, apart from the soft snores from Kuramochi and the rustling beside him.

  Wait, rustling?

  A hand stroked his hair and he almost...almost flinched at the touch but luckily for him, he didn't. The hand continued to stroke his head, playing around with a few stands and brushing back the ones that are on his face away.