Chapter One: Storytime and Annoying Boys

CHELSEA'S POV (AGE: EIGHT)

I'm really excited! Today is the day that my little sister, Laura, and her friends begin J-Troupe.

"Laurie, Lils, come on! We're going to be late." I shove my younger sibling and her best friend out of the car. I hear Dad chuckle as we race towards the front door, where Mum, Miss Cierra, Aunty Piper and Aunt Emily stood. I hug my aunties, smiling.

"It's good to see you too, Chelsea." My Aunty or 'Miss Piper' laughs, her soft giggles filling the air.

"Gosh, you look more and more like your mum and dad each day." Aunty Emily strokes my hair, running her slender finger through my unruly brunette knots.

"Good to see you, Aunty Emily and Aunt Piper." My sister gives them both a toothy grin as I'm picked up by Miss Cierra.

"Chels, you're growing so big! I won't be able to pick you up soon." I hug her before she places me back down. I grab Mum by the waist and she gags, holding her stomach. I let go.

"Are you okay, Riles?" Dad asks worriedly. She gives Miss Cierra a look before smiling weakly at Dad.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Aunt Piper calls everyone to Studio B.

"How about a story?" Piper asks, carefully sitting down. My aunt was four months pregnant and was not letting anyone make her leave her job.

"Yeah!" I hear my younger cousin Julie cheer.

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess and a handsome prince." I roll my eyes but listen contently. I've heard this story a billion times before but it's my favorite.

"Ever since they'd first met, they hated each other. The prince had stolen the princess' first kiss and the princess seemed very stuck up and rude. On the year of the princess' fifteenth birthday, the prince had annoyed the princess so much that she stormed away and danced by herself. It was a solo version of the duet that the prince had performed with his previous date. The prince heard the music and joined the solo, turning it back into a duet. They felt a spark and when they danced together, it was like magic." I watch as the rest of J-Troupe listen to the story, contently.

"They were confused about their feelings. Ten minutes ago, they were fighting and arguing and now they felt a strange connection. They began to date and went through many obstacles, but their feelings only grew. One day at Nationals, the beautiful princess and the handsome prince danced a duet. The princess' feelings for the handsome prince that she admitted she loved him on stage. The handsome prince loved her too and they kissed on stage." Nicky and I laughed as the rest of J-Troupe fake-gagged immaturely.

"Their love was so strong that their duet won Internationals. The couple dated for three years before the prince had to leave on his band's world tour. They broke up and the princess was heartbroken, soon becoming sick and scared. The princess distracted herself by living her dream. She began to travel the world and on her third stop in Miami, she performed in public, singing a song that the prince had written for her. After finishing her song, the wind had caught a gift that her prince had given her. She chased after it." I pictured the scene.

"A hooded stranger caught the gift and almost cried with joy as the princess stopped in front of him. The princess thanked him and the stranger spoke words that the prince would say to her every day. The princess took off his hood and it had been the prince. A year later, after reuniting, the two got married. They had two beautiful daughters and lived happily ever after." An applause echoes through the room, but silences when a few children raise their hand for questions.