Reading Between The Lyrics - Chp 5 {Do Ya?}

‘Tell me how you left and run, tell me how your pitiful life's coming undone. You ran for the hills and hit me low. I lost so much but you don't even care for me baby, do ya? It's not enough that you hurt me but you sit there and just watch me fall. But you don't even care for me baby, do ya?’ – Riley May – Do Ya?

I woke up late the next morning feeling in need desperately of just a lazy day at home. I’d been so busy and out this entire time since these holidays that I just needed a day of relaxing and just curling up to watch movies in bed with Chad. It was those days that I absolutely loved, the rainy days when I settled down in bed with Chad and we’d just pig out on junk food and watch movies, something best friends always did.

Crawling out of bed I skipped to the shower excited at today’s plans that I had in mind, plus the fact that I'd finally be able to watch a bunch of those movies I had been saving to watch for a day like this.

After a shower I headed down to the kitchen to find Dad on the couch with a whole lot of papers covering the table. I wasn’t sure if it was papers from work or if it was banking papers and I didn’t honestly bother asking, either of the topics would go through one ear and out the other.

Dad looked up at me with a smile “Hey sweetie, how are things?” he asked me as I shuffled around in the cupboards as I reached for a glass and then some cereal.

I shrugged “Meh.”

Lapsing into a content and happy silence I chewed away at my cereal as I pulled out my phones taking note I had no text messages already from Chad but a couple other ones from so other friends and such. Ignoring them I sent Chad a text message:

Chad: Hey, you + me = lazy movie day. You in? Give me a buzz or drop by :) X

Leaving my phone on the kitchen table as dad continued with work I kissed the top of his head as I teasingly ruffled his hair. “It’s my week for cleaning so you Papa bear have fun with those digits.” I teased as I walked around him and to the kitchen.

I spent the entire morning cleaning the kitchen than the lounge room and than even the bathroom. I had my music playing in the speakers as I worked singing and even at times dad joined in with the singing. Dad and I took it in turns for cleaning, one week it will be me the next will be dad and this week it was mine.

At firs whilst cleaning I left my mobile on the table knowing that when it vibrated I’d hear it but as time grew on and every time I passed the phone to see no new text messages I ended up sitting it in my shorts pocket to still receive no texts messages.

Time wore on until I was finished cleaning even upstairs, until I had cleaned my room and sorted and even finished any other odd jobs and yet I still had no reply. Frowning in confusement I headed back down stairs to see dad still at his papers and the house spotless and in all honesty there was nothing left to do.

Sighing in frustration I reached for the house phone, this is just plain weird I thought to myself as I punched in the numbers I’ve never had to contact him again, I’ve never had to play the clingy role.

Listening to the ring of the phone I mused thoughtfully what I was going to say to him. Neither of us had to be pushy or had to try and make sure one of us was still alive and kicking, neither of us had to make contact more than once to get a hold of and in all honesty it put a nervous and unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. This was unusual for us, in all honesty we were in one another’s pockets to the point other’s thought we’d get sick of one another or feel smothered. So this to me was worrying, all I could wonder was if Chad was alright and I was praying and hoping with every fiber of my body that he was alright.