Homework. (Even the High warlock has it)

Summary: It's one in the morning and Alec wakes up missing a certain someone in bed. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnus's POV: 

'Okay almost... done...' I thought as I read another paragraph from the big demonology book propped open in front of me. I wrote some more notes down when a small sound came from my bedroom where Alec was fast asleep in. I looked up at the door, hoping he wasn't awake, and it was still closed making me sigh in relief and go back to the work in front of me. 

A few more minutes went by and the sound came again, only this time it was bit louder, followed by a door opening and closing, and I didn't need to look up to know Alec was walking toward me and stopped right in front of my desk. 

"Magnus..." the shadowhunter called tiredly. 

"Hmm?" I asked without looking up at him. 

"Come back to bed, you can do all this tomorrow..." 

"I would love to darling but this is a lo-" I started to say and looked up at him. He was only in a pair of pajama silk pants which he 'borrowed' from me and they hung loose on his waist, exposing his muscled and runed chest. His raven hair was a complete bed mess and he looked so...tasty. I wanted to lunge at him over the desk and ravish him back into bed but instead I shook my head out of the idea then went back to work. Clearing my throat, I continued. "It's a lot of work and being the high warlock of Brooklyn isn't always a walk in the park you know." 

Alec stayed quiet for a minute before walking slowly behind my chair and placing his hands on both my shoulders. "But I miss you..." He whispered into my ear, making my shiver slightly. I could sense the grin on his face when he started softly massaging my shoulders. 

I relaxed a bit but continued to work on the notes. "Alexander..." 

"Hmm?" He hummed and squeezed my shoulders again, working his thumbs into my back. 

My eyes flutter closed and I lean my head back into the sensation, relaxing even more into my boyfriend's hands. 

"Come to bed." He repeated in my ear and squeezed again.

I shook my head again, trying to get my concentration back, and looked at my work. I was almost done, it was just one more page of the book then I could get into bed. True I could do it tomorrow but I just wanted to get it over with so I don't have to rush through it in the morning. "I'm almost done, this is the last page, the second I finish I'll come back to bed I promise." I explained, facing the shadowhunter then turned back and continued working. 

"Magnus, it's one in the morning, I'll help you with the work tomorrow and you need your sleep." Alec protested. 

"I'll be there in a bit." I said without looking at him, earning a slight groan from him. 

A few minutes went by and my eyes were getting really heavy, Alec was still behind me probably waiting very impatiently. I let out a yawn and instantly regret it when Alec shuffled behind me. 

"See you need sleep, you're tired." He protested but I didn't answer. I could feel him slightly glaring at the back of my head and suddenly were around me again, his hands flat against my chest. "Alright fine. You can work." He whispered into my ear and started planting hot kisses down my neck and then my shoulder. Running his soft hands down my chest then sides, I shivered and tried not to melt as he slid his fingertips inches from the waistband of my pants. 

"Alec..." 

He didn't say anything and instead side stepped, while pulling my chair back, and sat down on my lap. He continued to place kisses up and down my neck, a low moan escaped from me and he grinned against my skin. 

I groaned a little before picking him up bridal style and walking to our room, a big smile plastered on his face. 

"I win this time warlock." He chided and wrapped his arms around my neck. 

"Yeah yeah yeah." I said rolling my eyes and placing him down in bed. Quickly taking off my shirt and jeans, leaving my in boxers, I climbed into bed beside him and he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. 

"No leaving..." He whispered and nuzzled his face into my chest. 

"I'm not going anywhere." I assured and yawned slightly before my eyes shut. I could always finish those stupid notes tomorrow but not before making it extremely hard for my shadowhunter to leave for training in the morning.