Help From a Younger Brother

"Heatwave, no! Blades, put that down. Chase, what is that?" Dani cried. She and Graham where currently the only ones home. Graham had told her he had some homework to do, but it wouldn't take very long and he'd help her once he was done. The others where busy, Chief and Kade where pulling nightshift and Cody was at Frankie's. Suddenly Dani looked up at a loud thud. She looked back at Boulder, who was sitting on the table supposed to be helping Dani clean plates. The plate was in shatters and pieces on the floor and Boulder looked at it in surprise and shock.

The green bot looked up at her with pleading yellow optics. "Please don't tell Chief!" He cried.

Dani nodded. "I won't, but this needs to be cleaned up soon." This she was distracted by a crash and a cry of pain. "Blades!" She rushed over and scooped up the copter bot. Dani set Blades down on the table next to Boulder, hoping Dad understood when he came home that morning.

"Dani?" And now it looked like she'd distracted her little brother from his homework. Perfect.

"Graham!" She cried as he peered at the mess in the kitchen. "All I said was I'd need help with diner."

Graham looked at Heatwave and Chase, who where having a heated argument and Boulder and Blades attempting to break it up, sighed, rubbed his tired golden brown eyes, and nodded. "I've got this." He told his big sister. Then he places two finger between his lips and blew.

A sharp whistle captured the attention of everyone in the room. The Bots forgot their argument and looked up at the engineer with questioning optics.

"Okay, I need all bots under the human age of 18 to go to the living room with Dani while I clean up and make diner for all of you." Graham said, grabbing the broom and sweeping up the broken glass on the floor.

The dark haired helicopter pilot looked at her brother in shock. "But Graham, what about your homework?" She asked as Heatwave and Chase headed into the living room.

Graham smiled tiredly, helping Blades, then Boulder off the table and shooing them off after the older bots. "It can wait, you need help. Take care of the bots, I'll make diner, clean up the mess, and take care of my homework." He promised.

"Are you sure?" Dani asked.

Graham nodded, pulling down a fresh plate from the cabinet. "I'm sure. Now go, they don't stay still for long. Trust me on that." He said with a wink.

Dani smiled back and left for the living room. Maybe the night wasn't totally ruined.

A Story Of SparklingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara