Chapter 2

Hermione knew she had to get out of there. At first, she had tolerated it because she loved Ron. She still did. She took the abuse and didn't do anything to stop it. But know she had a unborn baby to protect, and she would protect that baby. 

Even if it meant leaving the one she loved.

She left for Ginny's house. Ginny lived alone in London as she had since she was nineteen. Hermione hadn't seen Ginny in a while, infact it had been about a year since she had. She hadn't seen much of anyone since Ron became like this. Still, she kept her bruises covered from Ginny when she arrived. 

"Hermione." It was Ginny. She looked relieved to see her. 

"Ginny. I'm sorry! I just couldn't stay with Ron. I love him, but- Ginny I'm pregnant..." Hermione cried out suddenly.

Ginny blinked in surprise. 

"Pregnant? With Ron's baby?" 

"Yes, with Ron's baby Ginny. Oh, he doesn't know I'm gone. I snuck out while he was unconscious on the sofa." Hermione said while being guided inside by Ginny. 

"Unconscious? Did you have to hit him, or-?" Ginny asked with surprise. She made Hermione a drink of tea and asked her if she was hungry. Hermione nodded having not eaten properly in a while. 

"He was drunk. It happens a lot I guess." Hermione said, drinking some of her tea.

"By often you mean... a couple of times a week?" She asked, giving Hermione some toast she had just finished making and sitting across from her.

"I...it happens everyday." Hermione whispered. Hermione had tried not to, but she began to cry. 

"Don't worry Hermione. I'll look after you. When was the last time you saw Harry and Draco? I know you didn't get to go to there wedding four months ago. I saw Ron and he said you were sick." Hermione gulped. She didn't want to tell Ginny what really happened...

"Hermione... tell me and I can fix this. I promise." She must have caught on that there was something bigger in the picture.

"I... I don't know what I did but Ron... he torchered me with the cruciatus curse that day. I mean, he'd done it before, but this time he really did it." Hermione said. Ginny looked angry, upset and shocked all at the same time, but Hermione hadn't noticed. She was looking at her hands. "I was unconscious, and when I woke up I was naked. I...I was stuck to the wall and Ron had left for the wedding. I couldn't move at all because he used magic.

"He had put a curse on me that made me vomit from when I woke up constantly. Every time I feel unconscious, it stopped. When I woke up the second time, there was a whipping feeling on my back. I got down three days later, on the brink of death. I had huge gashes on my back. I hadn't drank or eaten. Ron came back and broke the spell but told me if I did whatever I did again, he would do much worse, keep me up there for a month, feeding me and giving me water every three days." 

Ginny stood up. 

"Come on. Let's get you to bed." 

When they got upstairs, Ginny tucked in Hermione (After both getting into pajamas) and turned the lamp off. Just as she was about to turn away to walk to the door, she felt a hand grip her wrist. 

"Stay with me, Ginny." She whispered. Ginny nodded into the darkness and climbed into the bed next to Hermione, grabbing her hand. 

"It'll be okay Hermione. I'll stay with you." 

And Hermione knew she meant it.