Chapter 3

Everything is quiet. No sound heard but the dead of the night and the sound of the hearts that beat together in sleep;  Yet there had to be an end to even the most desirable solitude. Hermione awoke, the warmth of arms around her not so familiar.  

They were not his hands, for his were much less gentle and kind but more like a curse in a storm that Hermione was forced to stand in. But Ginny had shone brightly. She had been the sun in that storm- the one to save her. Ginny, her best friend, her sister? No. She was not like a sister to Hermione. She was something else, something brighter. She was something she couldn't quite place. 

A feeling of warmth made its way into Hermione's heart and hope began to fill her skeletal frame making her once sorry state glow with happiness. Letting her hair brush on Ginny's arm, Hermione cuddled closer to her chest in an attempt to get even warmer. She could hear Ginny's soft and steady breathing and the sound of her heart beating rhythmically. 

Closing her eyes, Hermione attempted to fall back to sleep. But she was not lucky enough for that to happen as Ginny began to stir. Hermione was shocked completely still and didn't dare move just in case Ginny would be angry at her. 

"Morning, Hermione," Ginny said in a tired voice. Ginny lifted her hand and began running her fingers through Hermione's knotted, yet soft, hair. Hermione felt her cheeks warm up they way they had when Ron used to do that to her. Used to.

"Good morning, Ginny," Hermione said softly, relieved that Ginny didn't find it weird that Hermione was cuddled to her chest. She knew she ought to move but she found she didn't want to. "Do I have to move?"

Ginny laughed slightly, the laugh reaching Hermione's ears and causing her to blush deeper than she had before. Hermione smiled at the sound. It was so beautiful, like an angel's laugh, as cheesy as it sounds.

"Maybe just a little bit..." Ginny flipped Hermione so that she lay on the bed with one quick movement causing Hermione to yelp in surprise before Ginny then kneeled over her, her arms by Hermione's head and her face just inches above Hermione's. 

Hermione went red as she looked into Ginny's hazel eyes, the same eyes that stared back at her brown ones. Hermione gasped as Ginny lowered her face, their lips meeting; their tongues crashing. 

Ginny kissed her softly, gently... it was such a different kiss to any Hermione had ever experienced in her lifetime. The ones she'd gotten from Ron had always been strong and heavy or demanding and drunken. 

Hermione kissed back, just as much passion going into it from her as Ginny gave. The kiss became more heated, passionate and demanding but not in the same sort of demanding way that Ron's had been, but in the sort of way that they both felt they needed this kiss in order to survive. 

________________________

AN- I'm sorry it has been so long since I last updated! Please leave a comment so I know to write more. Thank you for reading :D