Finally...

On a warm night some days later I kneeled in front of the crackling fire as I used a metal rod to move the logs around. I stood up, walking over to the table, stepping over the bench and sitting down.

"Demelza, can I have..." I was cut off by a bowl of stew placed in front of me along with the pot placed beside me. "and some..." Again I was cut off by a plate of bread put beside the pot "and maybe some..." a cup was put in front of me, immediately being filled with ale. The bottle was then placed close to the pot. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her thin body curtsy awkwardly and begin to back away.

"Demelza?" I said plainly without looking up from my plate.

"Yes?" She turned and scurried back to the side of the table.

"Have you eaten?" I asked pointing to the bowl of stew on the table.

"I just forgot" she shrugged. I took a bite and motioned for her to sit. I turned around and grabbed another bowl placing it across from me.

"You'll grow weak, you must eat" I mumbled, scooping stew into her bowl. To my surprise, and slight delight, she began ravenously eating the vegetable chunks in the bowl. I watched her eat with a small smile.

"Something wrong sir?" She asked slightly panicked. I laughed lightly and shook my head taking another bite. She relaxed and continued eating.

"Sir?" She asked cautiously "if it's not to much to ask" she paused "how was the war?"

My body was tense for a moment, thinking of an answer. "Just like any other war, a waste of good men" she nodded and continued to eat. I had suddenly lost my appetite. I sat still and continued to watch her finish her plate.

After she had cleared everything away I moved into my study. I sat at my dimly lit desk focused on the stack of endless sums and expenses in front of me. "Demelza!" I called, my voice echoed off the stone walls.

The light footfalls of the girl approached slowly, once they got to the door I looked up slightly "could you get the" I was cut off by the girl "brandy sir?" She asked as she moved towards the cabinet setting a glass and bottle in front of me.

I hadn't seen that she had found a dress I had purchased for Elizabeth before I departed and had tried it on. Just as she entered the doorframe I looked up. A mixture of sadness and rage, with slight lust engulfed my body. She truly looked gorgeous. I jumped up from my chair "where did you find that?!" I snapped walking over and grabbing her arm

"In the library, it was rotting away..." I cut her off quickly "who gave you permission to go rifling through those trunks?" I snapped tightening my grip on her arm. I could see that she was on the verge of tears. I pulled her face close to mine "I should have you pack your things and go back to your father" I hissed before I could think. Demelza broke down and began to leave. I raced around and cut her off. "No, no dear" is pleaded knowing I would go crazy if I didn't have her with me. "I didn't mean that, I've been under a lot of stress" I said as I caressed her face with my hands. "I'm sorry" I said staring into her eyes so she knew I meant it. After our eyes locked something changed inside of me, I took a step backwards and continued to examine her perfect blue eyes. Without a moment of thought I quickly grabbed her hips and pulled her into my kiss. I held her firmly without her objection.

After I had come to my senses I pulled away and took a few steps backwards rubbing the back of my neck. "Go to bed" I said plainly as I resisted the urge to rip off the dress.

"But sir.." I held up a hand "go to bed" I huffed storming into my room. I angrily pulled off my boots and vest before calming down. I sighed as I heard a knock at the door. "Come in" I said lightly as I sat on the side of the bed. I watched as Demelza slowly entered and walked over to me. "What is it?" I questioned

"The dress" she turned around "it unfastens from the back"

I slowly stood up and began to pull the white ribbon from the loops. As I ventured downward more and more of her perfect pale skin was revealed. As I reached the bottom I slid my hand to her waist. "You know people talk of us" I breathed "yes" she said unbothered "if we behave this way then it will be true" I closed my eyes as the warmth of her body enticed me.

--------------------------------------------------
Oooo... Hehe

Please be reminding the next chapter is my first attempt at writing this subject so be lenient on the criticisms please.

How is the story so far? I'm open to whatever opinion you may have.