Night Changes

Author's note: I hit #284 in Teen Fiction! YAYYAYAYAY this is an accomplishment for me :) 

ENJOYYYYYYY :)

Becca POV

"Soooo what did I get myself into by agreeing to record with you?" I ask my dad. Currently, we're riding in Ed's limo back to the house for dinner, and Ed and Asher are having their own conversation. 

"Well, you'll need a demo, publicity, and a gig would be nice too." He replies, "You practically have the publicity thing down because of your dancing."

"Yeah, but will they really want to hear me sing?"

"That's what the demo is for."

"I know I said that I want to earn my own fame, but I could use a little help."

"Anything you need, just ask."

"Do you want help writing a demo?" Ed asks, joining the conversation.

"Actually, no, I've written some songs over the years, and I think at least one of them will make the cut." I respond.

"Will you sing one?"

"I suppose I can when we get home."

"Alright, Love." Asher moves closer to me, taking my hand in his.

The rest of the car ride is pretty quiet, I stare out the window, admiring the scenery. The driver leaves us at the door, and, as soon as we walk in, I grab my guitar from the music room. I go into the living room where everyone else is already gathered. I settle on the couch and start strumming.

"Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh
Can you feel me
When I think about you?
With every breath I take
Every minute
No matter what I do
My world is an empty place
Like I've been wandering the desert
For a thousand days (oh)
Don't know if it's a mirage
But I always see your face, baby
I'm missing you so much
Can't help it, I'm in love
A day without you is like a year without rain
I need you by my side
Don't know how I'll survive
A day without you is like a year without rain (oh, whoa)
Whoa, oh, whoa"

I stop strumming, "That's my most recent song, I'm not done with it yet. I know it's not very good either."

"That was excellent." Ed comments.

"How come I didn't know you could write like a pro?" My dad questions.

"I can't write like a pro, I just write what I feel when I feel it and make it rhyme." I shrug.

"That's the best way to make a song." Ed defends.

"So I'm not a terrible writer, but definitely not a pro."

"Better than mediocre though."

"Hey, that rhymes!" Asher interjects, "Definitely not a pro, but better than mediocre." He sounds like he's trying to rap, but it comes out sounding ridiculous. I'm the first to laugh, but Ed soon joins in. My dad puts his hand on Asher's shoulder.

"We've got our work cut out for us." He sighs.

"Oh, come on, it was clever." 

"I'm going to go change for dinner with your parents." I say, standing to leave. I go up to my room and try to chose an outfit for dinner. I want to look nice but not like I'm trying too hard, pretty but not slutty, casual yet impressive. This is probably one of the hardest decisions of my life.

I decide on a tan tank top and a blue skirt. I let my waves cascade down my back, covering my head with a fedora. I grab my nude t-strap sandals from the closet before going back downstairs.