The First Day

My name is Sarah hailstone and I just turned 16 years old last night. I would have celebrated but my parents  (mostly my dad) made me stay in. Since my birthday falls on a Sunday I had school the next day l woke up to my mom pounding  on my door
     "Sarah,sweetie you need to hurry and get ready before he wakes up."
By time she's done with that sentence I'm already up and picking out my outfit.
    After I'm done getting dressed I go down stairs into the kitchen where I see my mom making me a breakfast burrito. I walk up behind her and give her a kiss on the cheek
    "mom go ahead and save that for later I dont want to be late to school." She just nods and wraps it in foil.
   I take take that as my que to leave, and as I'm putting in my brown timberlands I get a text from my best friend Eva
    HURRY  Ur ass up I'm waiting!!!!
   I yell "bye mom Eva's here" and I run  out the house into her silver Honda civic.
   She pulls Out my drive way and says " hey bish ready for our first day as seniors?"
I shrug  "not really I don't want a repeat of my last couple of years of high school."
   She pulls her Gucci glasses off the top off her head  and shrugs, "I don't know s maybe this year will be better. Your a senior that comes with the reputation, status, and best of all the respect."
  I don't reply because that will only result in a argument, so i just lean forward and turn up the radio.
   Me and my family just moved to this little town because people In our old town found out what what my dad does to me. After they threatened to call the police on my dad, later that night we were already packed up and on our way to Ava's hometown. I mean it's not a bad place but it's a small town and it's pretty boring.
   Well I can't really say anything I've only been here for three weeks. But I mean I like it here because I can see my best friend everyday. But besides her being here I hate it. Av's keeps promising me that this year will be different. Even though I hate to admit it I agree with her.