Mommie Dearest

Stefan and I were in the Lockwood mansion, getting ready for the day's events.

We were in the middle of grabbing several glasses and a decanter of bourbon in the study.

Damon walked in in confusion. "Is that cornbread I smell?"

Stefan smiled. "You and I are hosting Thanksgiving."

"Thanksgiving's tomorrow," Damon told us.

"Well, pre-Thanksgiving," I told him. "Whatever."

Damon looked at Stefan. "Whatever happened to taking out Julian? Remember him? Killed what would have been your firstborn? You know, I cleared out my entire schedule so we could make that guy count worms... unless you're too busy baking."

I sighed. "Julian knows that Stefan wants him dad, so our next move needs to be smart. We're probably only gonna have one more shot at this."

Damon frowned in confusion. "Not quite following the whole Martha Stewart strategy, to be honest."

Stefan smiled. "I am planning on recruiting an ally."

The doorbell rang.

Damon looked toward the door in confusion. He walked out into the foyer, opening the door to reveal Lily outside with a large Tupperware container in her hands, scowling unhappily.

Lily smiled awkwardly, holding out the container. "I brought cranberries."

Damon was confused, stepping back.

Lily walked in. 

Stefan and I walked toward Damon.

Damon gave us a look as if to ask, Are you kidding me?

  ~~~~~~~  

We were in the study.

Lily was sitting in an armchair in front of the coffee table.

I was sitting in an armchair next to her.

Stefan and Damon sat across from us on the leather couch.

On the table was a decanter of bourbon and four glasses.

Lily looked at us warily.

"I invited you over here because we can't keep doing this," Stefan told her. "I mean, I... I want us all to start over."

Lily smiled. "Well, uh, if the Pilgrims and Indians could do it, I'm sure there's hope for us."

"We call them Native Americans now, but we didn't bring you here to correct your outdated racial slurs," Damon told her. He gave Stefan and me a significant look. "Did we?"

I ignored him, looking at Lily. "We want to convince you of all the reasons that you need to help us get rid of Julian."

Damon was surprised at the tactics Stefan and I were using, leaning forward to listen intently. 

Lily looked at us in confusion, chuckling nervously. "I'm sorry. Is this some kind of setup?"

"Just hear me out for a second," Stefan told her. "In 1863, I got Valerie pregnant." Lily looked at him in shock. "She kept it a secret from me, from you, from everyone. And Julian found out about it somehow, and he felt threatened by it. He beat her until the baby was no longer alive." Lily blinked in confusion, frowning in confusion, trying to process this information. "Her child, your grandchild, was murdered by Julian. She swore me to secrecy, but the truth is too important. You need to know what kind of man he is."

My Return (Vampire Diaries) (Book Seven)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara