One Way or Another

I passed out in the backseat of Tyler's car again, waking up in the morning, all warm now, but still sick and dying since my vampire soul was in Martha Hammond's dead human body. I looked at Sarah and Tyler in the front seats. "What happened?"

"Well, we pulled you out of the snow, you ate a bunch of donuts, and then puked blood all over my nice, clean car," Tyler answered. 

I looked at my lap, which was covered in bloody napkins.

"You said everything hurt, so..." Sarah trailed of, pulling out a grocery bag of over-the-counter medication, taking out the pills. "I got you these. Head stuff, throat stuff, stomach stuff..."

I groaned in pain, ill and miserable. "Where are we?"

"On our way to Memphis," Tyler answered. "Valerie got a line on your real body. The hot one."

Sarah gave Tyler an amused look.

"How did my real body end up in Memphis?" I asked in exasperation.

"Stefan and Damon lost the vampire inside your real body," Sarah answered. "So, while Stefan, Damon and Tyler are looking for your real body, you and I are just gonna focus on keeping you alive, okay? Sit back, relax, find your happy place. Chug one of those five-hour energy things, maybe with a cough syrup chaser or something?" I started to feel sick again, taking the empty bag from Sarah, vomiting blood into it, groaning in pain. Sarah looked away. "Good thing I took out the medicine."

"Okay," Tyler told us. "Plan B."

Tyler pushed down the gas, speeding down the road, pulling over, making a call.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Tyler held up his finger, making the call. "Stefan, Nikki's getting worse. She can't go to a hospital because Martha Hammond got loaded and crashed a bus full of kids, so there's an interstate manhunt going on. We can't take her to the hospital, so you gotta find a way to bring the hospital to her."

        ~~~~~~~   

Tyler pulled us up to a road where Damon's Camaro was parked next to an ambulance at the side of the road.

Sarah, Tyler and I got out of the car.

Stefan, Damon and two compelled paramedics walked closer.

I gave Stefan and Damon an exasperated look.

"What?" Stefan asked.

I gestured to the compelled paramedics.

"We had to improvise," Damon told us. He pointed at the paramedics. "That's Frank, and that's Sully."

"Hi, guys," Frank told us.

"Hey, how you doing?" Sully asked.

"We've asked them very politely to make sure that you stay alive, and if you don't, we will cut their thumbs off and feed them to the squirrels," Stefan told me. He looked at Frank and Sully for confirmation. "Right, guys?"

Frank and Sully rolled their eyes, giving us two thumbs up.

I sighed in exasperation, rolling my eyes in annoyance, walking weakly toward the ambulance. They helped me inside. I laid on the stretcher.

Damon looked at Tyler. "Meanwhile, you will come with Stefan and me to go hunt down the sociopath that has taken residence of our niece, slash your girlfriend, slash Sarah's sister. And then Valerie will jam her soul back... in..."

Tyler looked around. "Where's the witch?"

Stefan sighed. "She's at a motel off Route 70, prepping for the spell."