A Streetcar Named Desire

Elijah had taken me to his home that he and his family had made in a compound, leading me into an upstairs living to see Klaus and a woman.

Elijah looked at the woman. "Freya, this is Nicola Salvatore, an old friend." Klaus hilariously rolled his eyes. Freya gave Elijah a look. "One of Niklaus' trickle-down sirelings." Klaus looked at me in surprise, not knowing that I had turned into a vampire before that statement. "Long story." Elijah turned to me. "Nicola, this is Freya, my brand new sister. Also a long story that you and I have discussed." I nodded awkwardly in agreement. Elijah turned to Freya. "Nicola needs a favor."

Freya looked at me suspiciously. "You're an old 'friend', are you?"

"Well, that kind of depends on your definition," I told her, smiling nervously.

Freya scowled at me.

Klaus chuckled, walking closer. "Well, Nicola, welcome to the big easy, a place I never thought I'd see your face." I raised my eyebrows in acknowledgement. Klaus smiled mockingly. "Who is a vampire now. While I am not surprised that you have turned, I am surprised that it took this long. Welcome to immortality."

I gave Klaus a sarcastic look. 

Klaus smiled.

          ~~~~~~~ 

Freya and I were still in the upstairs living room.

Freya was examining my X-shaped wound from Rayna's sword on my shoulder. "You're another one of Elijah's exes, are you?"

"Well, I'm not sure that I would go that far," I told her. "You know, we never actually dated. He was in Mystic Falls when I was human. Uh, I was sick with a cancerous tumor." Freya looked at me in surprise and curiosity. "And he was afraid that getting involved with me would get me killed, so..."

"So he ran from his feelings from you, just as I'm sure you ran from your feelings from him," Freya told me. I looked at her in confusion. "He might have told me of a time that you were angry with him, and tried to pretend that you hated him, but your true feelings showed."

"Yeah, well, feelings are a pain in the ass," I told her. Freya chuckled. "So, yeah, the answer to your question about me being Elijah's ex is... there is no answer. I don't know what we were, or what we are."

Freya smiled. "That's worse."

I nodded. "But I do have a boyfriend now. Though, I doubt he'll be very inclined to see me after getting in an altercation with my distant ancestors that are more like my brothers." Freya looked at me in confusion. I shook my head. "It's a long story."

Freya chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Oh. While that seems like a great story, let's get back to your wounds. A mystical vampire huntress stabbed you with her magic sword. You killed her. But, surprise, surprise..."

"She regenerates," I finished.

Freya sighed. "And won't rest until you're dead, or you become a Huntress like she is."

I nodded. "Right. So, no matter how far I run, this wound acts as a beacon, drawing her to me. So, I guess you could say it's been a bit of a rough week."

I chuckled barely.

Freya began to rub an herbal paste over my still-bleeding X-shaped cut with an equally nervous smile. "Well, I can't cure the wound, but this paste will mask its signal. Just let that dry, and you'll be on your merry way."

I frowned in confusion. "You know, not that I was expecting a, uh, parade or anything, but why is everyone so eager for me to go?"

Freya tilted her head sarcastically. "What's troubling the Mikaelsons? Oh, let's see. There's Elijah's super-secret society of ancient vampires called the Strix. One of their more zealous members, an old flame of Elijah's named Aya, is trying to undo my mother's most powerful spell to try and break the sirelines so that they can kill Klaus and Elijah without anyone else dying. Klaus' ex Aurora has the last remaining white oak in the world, which she has turned into bullets so that she can have enough to shoot both Klaus and Elijah in the heart if they're successful by breaking the sirelinks. And if the spell doesn't work..."