Part 4

I smiled. "Hmm, I thought someone once told me to stop playing the what if game."

"You brought it up first, Miss Sorenson."

"I'll give you that one. But in my defense, it's a kiss. It isn't us talking about what happens next week or with Hendricks or McCoy." I pointed out. "Or with the Academy."

His eyes softened again and I almost got lost in them. "A very valid point." He admitted.

I studied him. "Have you been playing the what if game about my introduction to them this week?" I asked curiously.

"Perhaps a bit." He admitted.

"Is it causing you to be extra reserved with me?"

His slight incline of his head admitted it more than words could say.

I caressed his cheek again. "I ... You don't have to be."

His eyes met mine as his head tilted, leaning into my palm as he watched me. "I will try to do better." He said softly. "You really do have remarkable instincts." He said softly.

I laughed softly. "Well in this circumstance, I am just going with the nudge I think you're waiting for." I teased. "I mean, you're the first one that hasn't spent the night with me." I said. "I wasn't sure if that was because of what we've been talking about or just simply because of the position you're in at school and how we're constantly being tracked." I said. His lips pursed slightly as if he was sucking on a lemon. "And then I wasn't sure because, I mean, we're on break from school so it might have been possible this week..." I shrugged. "You're just taking a lot of time and it feeds my insecurity." I murmured.

'Cause you're the first guy who's taken me out

And it's taking his time, yes you are babe

No, you ain't tryin'a get in my bed on the very first night

"Well then we'll have to get rid of that insecurity then." He smiled.

"Do you have a plan in mind, Mr. Blackbourne?"

"Perhaps."

"Are you going to tell me or do I have to guess?" I asked innocently.

"You don't want to go ahead and put two and two together and get an answer?"

"I'm on break, I'd rather not do math."

He chuckled. "Well perhaps we eliminate the what if portion of the question." He stated.

I tilted my head again and one of my fingers found my lower lip, pushing it into my teeth. "I want to kiss you tomorrow?" I asked.

His eye were like pools of melted silver as he looked at me. "Oh yes." He nodded. "You have no idea..." He breathed, never removing his gaze from mine.

So, what if I, hm

I wanna kiss you tomorrow?

Tell me babe, hmm

So, what if I, come on,

I wanna kiss you tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, ooh yeah