Cerise.I.

Cerise-"Bird" Greek
*****

     Watching the first years get sorted brings back when I was sorted. A Euphoria almost. Being terrified of some wrinkled old hat sifting through your memories like they owned it, but it's like a kick of adrenaline. Finding out where you belong. It's gut-wrenching but you love every minute of it.

     Personally I'll never have the feeling my older brother,Perseus, had when I was sorted five years ago. Unlike the Weasley's, my family is two children, simple as my father liked it. I'll never feel how it is to find where your younger sibling belongs, in two different houses like Percy and me, or like the Weasley's where every year they just add to the Gryffindor table.

     The Ravenclaw table, is a nice size but it's rare for a new Ravenclaw these days, almost to the point that we think it's a joke when the hat screams Ravenclaw.

     My brother is the current Head boy for Slytherin. I currently reside as just another Ravenclaw. My mother was a Hufflepuff, her sister was a Gryffindor and my Uncle was a Ravenclaw as I am. My father was a muggle plagued by insanity of the wizarding world.

     "Amelia Dean."Mcgonagall's voice rang clear and crisp just as when I was sorted.

"HUFFLEPUFF," the hat had belched. I look over to Theo, a  Ravenclaw who's little sister had just been sorted into Hufflepuff.

"Hey Theo, you're happy for her right?" I ask my best friend in a hushed whisper. He just sat there and shrugged his shoulders

    "I'm worried how mum will act." He admits, the Deans are a long line of Ravenclaws. Theo's parents were Ravenclaws, Theo's older brother Samuel, "Theodore" or Theo as he preferred to be called. Theo's older sister, Alice is a Ravenclaw, she was in the same year as the Wesley twins. But the was a kink in the family tree, Amelia, who had just been sorted into Hufflepuff. There's nothing wrong with Hufflepuff, but Theo's mum is a female version of Snape, cold, only cares about one child, Samuel, and has no idea what shampoo and conditioner is.

Samuel had graduated a while ago, he now works at the Ministry as a paperboy. Theo is a year ahead of me, he's been like a brother since we met when I sat down. Alice is like the sore thumb, she has crazy red hair, vibrant blue eyes, and not a wish in the whole world to work at the Ministry, she wants to play quidditch, Chudly Cannons specifically. Henry and Elizabeth Dean work at the Ministry in places worse than what Arthur Weasley's does. They expect their children to go there for work, marry some pure-blood prat, and have three kids, unlike my mother.

My mother wants us to be happy with our jobs, people we marry, even if they are muggles, and to have as many kids we please. Shows the difference in parenting, upbringing, and priorities.

    "We have two changes in staffing this year. We are very pleased to welcome back Professor Grubby-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures lessons; we are also delighted to introduce Professor Umbridge, our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore said silencing all ages. He sent a look to each of the house tables one by one, almost saying treat her right. He knows us so well. Mostly the Weasley twins.

Dolores Umbrige was nothing shy of ugly. I've seen toad with less warts than her DaDa will be torture, pity it's my favorite class too.
*****
I hoped you liked it, I know it's short and pretty bad and has no actual dialog but don't worry the next chapter will. The next chapter will be better, I hope, I've just started writing it.With great thanks, ::sid::