Chapter 1

First of all, thanks all for opting to read this story. This is the first time I'm writing a full fledged story So bear with me.

Feel free to comment and vote if you like.

Happy reading.. :-D:-D  

Thank you sooo much for the cover @novemberdreamer    :) 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

Sorry for any grammar/spelling errors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh God, Evelyn! Are you okay?" my best friend, Cameron, asked me, while trying to clean the blood on my face.

I just coughed, spitting out more blood. I felt dizzy at the slightest movement my body made.

Cameron helped me up and steadied me before I could fall off again. Slowly making my way out of the corridor, I slumped against the basin in the girl's bathroom. I could see Cameron pacing outside. Gripping the basin counters, I jerked myself up and splashed the cold water against my face, wincing as it cleaned my injuries.

Eventually, all the blood that had caked my face and hair was cleaned up. I stared at the mirror. My reflection revealed a huge gash across the left cheek, moving all the way from the base of the chin till the ears.

This was the worst injury I had suffered in the past few years. Usually, it was merely a few scratches here and there.

Luckily, the blood had stopped oozing from the gash. My face was pale from the loss of blood. My green eyes showed no emotion whatsoever and water dripped from my coppery brown hair. Taking a few deep breaths, I mentally tried to assure myself that all of this would be over soon. Just a few more weeks and I would be away from this personal hell.

Cameron was waiting for me. Without saying a word, he linked his arms into mine and guided me to his car. This was not new to him either. He was my only friend in the whole school. I didn't mind.

"My home right?" he asked after locking in his seat belt.

"No, I said, sighing. "My parents will find out anyway. Might as well get it over with while the wounds are fresh."

We drove silently through the canopy of trees that covered the sides of the road. It was evening now. I could tell by the darkness outside.

I didn't realise until the car had pulled over that we had reached the usual stop. I got out of the car, patting Cam's shoulder. This was the spot from where I went on foot. Everything beyond this spot belonged to a different world. Everything but me.

I looked back at Cameron's retreating car and tightened my hold on the backpack.

I was entering the pack territory. Yeah I said it correctly, pack. Note, I did not say my pack.

That is because even though I live in a pack, I am a human being. What makes me different is that my parents are werewolves, which technically makes me abnormal;hence the rejection from the entire pack. I'm looked at with disgust and hatred as the intruder who not only knows that werewolves exist but is also privy to pack details. It wasn't  deliberate. But I can, see, hear and infer. Therefore I'm a threat.  

So from the time I was born, my only family has been, well my family. I don't have any (werewolf) friends; I'm not allowed to bring human friends over, obviously.

Even as I reached my house, I looked around, hoping that none of my family members were around to see me. I ran to the kitchen to grab an ice pack and go lock myself in my bedroom. Unfortunately for me, I had the most rotten luck in the entire world. I collided with my younger brother, Michael, who was stuffing himself with pop tarts.