Chapter 16- Conner's POV (Part 1)

I am so so sorry for updating after so long. College has been keeping me way too busy. >.<

So here is a big chapter to make up for that. I have split it into two parts because otherwise it was almost around 10 pages. The next part will be updated in a few days.

PS: I'm not sure if I have mentioned this detail in the previous chapter, but Alpha Rowell is the only person in the pack who apart from Evelyn's family knows that Conner is her mate.

If this hasn't been mentioned, assume that it is and I will edit the other chapter.

Happy reading! \m/

****

(Part I)

Utterly miserable. Two words that perfectly described my condition ever since I had come home for the holidays.

I missed Evelyn. I missed talking to her every day. I missed seeing her. I just missed her. Period.

She had promised to call me as soon as she could get the time and I had sworn to myself to not call her every hour. I was going to take it slow. For her sake.

"Dude, you need to get out." Logan commented as he entered my room.

Ever since I had gotten back, I had mostly locked myself up in my room or the office that dad had set up for me. I didn't really do much stuff there since dad was still reluctant to hand over his reign at once. He wanted me to take it slow.

So for now, I was dealing with the packs that were closer to out home. This 'dealing' usually meant trying to solve their internal conflicts which needed external intervention.

"Don't I know it?" I turned around and sighed. "Got something for me?"

"Yeah, that weird Jones is at it again. He claims that the royals are giving the other packs more importance than his and it is pissing him off."

"What about the fact that he's pissing me off?" I asked. That guy seriously knew how to crawl under people's skin and I really was low on patience to deal with him today.

Logan shrugged. "How about I tell him that you're in a meeting and won't be able to deal with him at this moment?"

"You can't say that I don't want to deal with him." I was horrified. Logan knew better than to say such stuff as an excuse.

"I'll just get it done with. Show him to the office, will you?" I told him.

***

"You hit like a  wuss." somebody called from the crowd.

"And you scream like one." I replied instantly as I dodged a hit from Matt.

I was at the training center, warming up for practice with the rest of the wolves.

All the persons present in the hall were under my command. They were named the Imperial Wolves, werewolves specifically trained to follow one royal member. The applicants (both male and female) went through intense training and rigorous testing to be declared eligible to be a part of the Imperials. Once selected, they were further trained to be anything that the royal needed them to be- a spy, assassins, guard, healer, warrior; whatever the royal member required.

They didn't belong to any pack and were loyal only to us. They were a family, my family.

Matt and I continued to circle each other, searching for one another's weak spots. We had been training together for so long that over the years it became impossible to actually win a fight with any of the Imperials in my group.