CHAPTER 2

He was onto me, one look and I couldn't breathe, yeah

I said, if he kissed me, I might let it happen 

I swear on my life that I've been a good girl 

Tonight, I don't wanna be her

Susan's P.O.V

"And how are you doing today?" I asked Dorothy, one of the regular customer at the diner, as she got settled and removed a book from her purse, "Not too bad. I thought you were off today."

Placing the menu on the table, I cleared the doubt, "I am covering Savanah's shift. She had some personal work to do."

"Right. She did mention something about it yesterday. So how come a beautiful woman like you, is still working so late? Don't you have any plans for tonight?" She winked and I laughed, "Well, I do have a party invitation but I would rather work here than get wasted."

Flinching at my words, she put her book down and sighed dramatically, "Enjoy your youth while you can. You never know when a handsome man will enter through that door and make you swoon. My advice: Have some fun in your life." Chuckling at her opinion, I replied, "Yes ma'am. I will surely work on that. So are you going to have your usual?"

"Yes please" taking away the menu, I quickly punched in the order and got busy making her drink. There were not many people today, so I didn't bother to make another pot of coffee and started rinsing the blender. One of the best thing about this diner is that its 30 minutes away from the city, which means no one is running around in rush. People come here to relax and enjoy nature. Soon her food was ready and I served her. Rest of the evening went by cleaning the tables and taking others order, it was something that helped me relax. Especially after my encounter with Sean.

I felt my phone vibrate for a million time but decided to ignore as I knew it would be my friends. I would have definitely gone to the party, after all that club was owned by my parents, but knowing that Sean already knew about my plan he would create a scene. Its best to stay away from him and even better to stay out of his mess.

"Maybe you should pick up the call." Emma nudged as we prepared to close the store. "If I do, then I will have to go to the party. You don't know my friends." Shaking her head at my response, she laughed, "I really wish if you went out and had some fun."

Folding the napkins, I muttered, "I really wanted too, but I know my brothe-"

"Step-brother" she corrected and I rolled my eyes at her, "Whatever. I just do not want to be the reason for him to create another scene. My quota is already full for today."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it. Once he realises how great you are, I am sure he will start respecting you and accept you as his sister." She suggested and I laughed internally, "I would give a million to you, if that ever happened."