Chapter Four.

Chapter Four.

I could feel something gently running along my cheek, it was soft as a feather, lightly gliding over my skin. The sensation was causing pleasant tingles to dance across my face and I found myself leaning into it in my half dazed state. It was doing something to me, the simple touch seemed to affect my whole body; becoming alight with electricity causing a low hum to swell within my chest and my heart began to beat faster. I could feel butterflies flutter inside my stomach as if something had spooked or excited them.

The reaction to whatever was touching me was so foreign that the feelings frightened me. These emotions and the sensations channelling through my body seemed to send me over the edge as I woke with a gasp escaping my dry lips. I began coughing as my throat ached and protested against its sudden use. I rolled over and clutched my throat as I continued to cough violently. The strange sensations ceased as the touch had left my body and any contentment I had been feeling was now gone.

I groaned as I leaned my head onto the soft dark blue duvet and closed my eyes and  breathed in deeply, the smell of woods, male cologne and all man wafted into my senses as I felt my racing heart calm down.  I greedily breathed in deeply again and again through my nose. I had never smelled anything so intoxicating, so addictive in my life and I continued to lean my forehead on the mattress, nothing else seemed to matter but the comforting smell.

Once these thoughts became clearer in my head, I immediately sat upright. Realization began to hit me; firstly, my bed didn't smell so inviting nor did I have dark blue bedding. My eyes opened wide as I realised that I wasn't in my room, my grandparent's guestroom or a hotel room. The dark blue sheets that pooled at my waist were unrecognisable and I had no idea who they belonged to. I could feel my throat began to close up again as I began to panic, my shaking hands gripped the sheets and I quickly looked down at my still clothed body feeling relief flood through me.

The relief was short lived as I remembered that I was still in a room that I had no idea who it belonged to, who slept in the very bed I now sat on, or where the house was. I scanned the room taking in the multiple pieces of oak furniture that was placed evenly around the large room. The walls were painted a dark grey while the carpet was a cream colour. I saw a door slightly ajar and guessed that it was an adjoining bathroom.

I looked to the left feeling a scream build up within me as I scrambled backwards. A gasp escaped me before I groaned out loud as I fell off of the bed and landed in a heap on the floor; the bed sheets tangled in my limbs. I hurriedly crawled backwards until I couldn't go any further, my back collided painfully with the wall behind me but I didn't take my eyes off of the stranger whose bed I had been sharing. I then assumed that it was his room, that I had been in his bed for I didn't know how long while he lay next to me.

I watched as he got up from the bed slowly until he was standing at his full height. He was tall, probably six foot two or probably more, I didn't know, but his height was intimidating as he towered over me where I cowered against the wall. His entire frame was well built and muscular although everything was in proportion with his body. His chest was wide and his shoulders were broad and squared. His jaw was strong and prominent, his cheek bones high and masculine, his nose in perfect proportion to his face; straight and angular, his lips full and pink while slightly parted, his eyebrows perfectly arched. His hair was a sandy blonde colour that wasn't too long or too short as it slightly swept to the side across his forehead.

My eyes swept over him and I gasped out loud as I stared into his eyes. They were a unique shade of brown, the colour of melted dark chocolate, almost as black as night that seemed to sparkle in the dim lighting created by a lamp on one of the bedside tables that I hadn't noticed before. His eyes seemed to stare endlessly into my own. My heartbeat began to pick up as it thundered against my constricting chest.