Chapter Twenty One.

Chapter Twenty One.

A feather like tickle on the exposed skin of the back of my thigh woke me from my dream like state. It slowly made its way upwards, over the underwear I wore and to the band of skin visible between my top and underwear. The motion was being repeated over and over again at a slow pace. I squirmed uncomfortably, not opening my eyes and pressed my body closer to the hard surface I was laying on trying to get away from it.

A quiet, husky chuckle filled the room, "good morning."

I groaned loudly, not wanting to wake up from my sleepy state as I buried my head in Logan's bare chest while mumbling an incoherent, "go away."

After I had finally managed to shift back into my human form last night and we'd made it back to the pack house it was already late at night and most of the pack members had gone to bed leaving me and Logan to walk through the pack territory in peace. I hadn't realised how much the shift had tired me out until Logan had made us food and I found my eyelids dropping before a steaming hot plate of pasta had been placed in front of me.

Logan has explained to me that it was normal for those who had just shifted to feel both emotionally and physically drained after the first shift and so when he had carried me to bed I hadn't complained nor did I complain when he helped me get ready for bed. I was just thankful that I hadn't fallen asleep half way through our dinner and gotten a face full of pasta.

"Come on Emse," Logan cooed softly in my ear causing both me and my wolf to stir from our deep sleep. She was more than happy to be awoken by the sound of her mates husky voice in the morning, "you've been asleep for almost two days now sweetheart."

My eyelids fluttered open at hearing how long I had spent asleep as it had only seemed like a couple of hours. I was well rested and my body felt stronger than it ever had before. It felt like an electric current of energy was buzzing around my body from whenever my skin came into Logan's and I knew that the already strong bond between me and Logan had gotten stronger due to my shift.

I looked up to see Logan's smouldering gaze fixed on my face as a lazy smile made its way onto his face, "two days?"

"Two days," he confirmed before continuing, "Your mum and my family were worried that you would never wake up."

Logan chuckled deeply but I could see in his eyes the relief he felt that I actually had woken up after such a long time. Two days was a long time, especially to spend it sleeping but I knew that it had been for the best as my body felt alive once again.

My stomach growling loudly stopped my train of thought and I blushed at how loud it sounded with my now sensitive hearing. Everything was more defined and sharp, my eye sight had improved dramatically and I wondered how I had ever been able to see before. My touch was sensitive but I didn't know if that was from the recent pain my body had been through or if it was another effect of being half a wolf.

"Hungry?" Logan teased.

I felt his arms wrap around me and he slowly sat us both up and positioned me with ease so that I was now straddling his lap. I blushed a deeper shade of red at our compromising position as my hands had darted upwards and wrapped themselves around the back of his neck when he had moved us all of a sudden.

"You're so beautiful." Logan murmured as he ran the tips of his fingers over my glowing red cheeks. His brown eyes shining with an emotion that I wasn't familiar with but I could only describe it as adoration or something similar.

My wolf was fighting against my self-control that came as a second nature to me. She wanted to push me forward so that my lips would be touching Logan's and we could continue from where we had left it at the woods with a brief kiss that held a promise of so much more. My wolf was going wild as I closed my eyes and concentrated on calming her down as all she wanted to do was be one with Logan and his wolf in the purest of ways.