Broken Down: Part 1 (804 words)

"Chat!"

The akumatized villain flings him with her staff straight into the ground. He lands with a hard thud.

Ladybug winces from the impact and sets her jaw as she throws her yoyo into the air "Lucky Charm!" she cries.

A red hose drops down from the sky into her arms. She quickly glances around the park for ideas of what to do. She finally locks in on the water fountain a few feet away. She smiles to herself, knowing what to do. She feeds out the hose behind her before attaching one end to the spigot. She lets the water flow and watches as it pools in the newly laid mulch.

"Hey, over here!" She calls out to the villain, trying to get her attention away from Chat, who is still lying motionless on the ground. "You want the gold medal, don't you?" She teases the dejected pole vaulter.

Her head immediately turns towards Ladybug. Forgetting Chat, she begins running, planting her pole right into the mulch turned to mud. Her pole sinks in, sticking in place, causing the villain to go flying. Ladybug runs for the pole. She extracts it from the mud, sword-in-the-stone style, before breaking it in half over her knee. Sure enough, a purple butterfly emerges. "No more evil doing for you, little akuma." she spins her yoyo around, "Time to de-evillize!" She exclaims as she lets the yoyo fly, catching the little akuma. "Gotcha!" She opens up her yoyo to reveal the pure white butterfly, "Bye bye little butterfly." Without pause she throws the hose into the air, "Miraculous Ladybug!" With her words everything turns back to normal, including the pole vaulter.

She automatically turns to her side to celebrate another defeated villain with Chat, but he's not there. She spins around to see that he's still on the ground where she last saw him. Her stomach drops as she runs to him.

"Chat, Chat, get up!" she says, pulling his head onto her lap as she kneels beside him. She takes a moment to notice the rise and fall of his chest, "Alive," she sighs with relief. But her slight calm is ended when she hears his Miraculous beeping, indicating he's going to change back any minute now.

"Chat, we gotta go!" She nudges his side, to no avail. Her teeth clench and her eyes dart around for somewhere to hide. She sees an abandoned alleyway across the street and decides it's their best bet. "Stay with me." She pleads as she puts his limp arm around her shoulder and grapples them into the alley.

Out of view of anything, she leans him up against a brick wall as his Miraculous beeps for a final time. In a flash of light, the black leather suit peels off, revealing the boy underneath, Adrien.

A black-cat Kwami spirals out of his ring, "Jeez, that didn't go as planned, did it?" Plagg quickly realizes his surroundings, "Oh, Ladybug, umm, is it worth saying 'This isn't what it looks like?'". He smirks.

Marinette's head was currently too full at the moment to even hear what he said. Her mind spins from imagining all her adventures with Chat Noir, as being with Adrien. Adrien Agreste. The love of her life.

"Hey!" Plagg flew in front of her face, "Can you help get this one home before you change back too?"

Her earring beeps. Suddenly snapped back in 'Ladybug mode', she asks, "Shouldn't I take him to a doctor?" She picks Adrien off the ground, same as before, except this time she was hyper aware that this was Adrien, but it was also always Adrien.

"Don't worry about him; he'll be fine, trust me." He assures her. With no time to argue she nods. Plagg hops into Adrien's jacket and Ladybug swings them home.

She lands through the window that was always seemingly open in Adrien's room; perhaps she knows why now. She laid him in his bed and he began to stir.

Panicked, she ran for the window. Just as she was about to throw her yoyo to swing away, she paused. 'Should I let him know I know his identity? Should I let him know mine? How can I face him ever again, fighting crime or at school?'

"Lady-bug?"

She hears him moan across the room. She flings her yoyo and she's gone in a flash.

Adrien bolts up in bed, hearing the whizzz of Ladybug's yoyo as she swings away. It takes a moment for it to sink in that he's in his house, as Adrien, and that Ladybug was just here. "Plagg?!" He yells for his Kwami. "Did what I think just happened, happen?"

He smirks, "Yep. She tooootally knows you're Adrien. You were out cold and transformed back, I had Ladybug bring us home as well."

He flops back down onto his bed, "Oh my God."