Chapter 14

Credit to original author The-Joker-

°*°*°*°*°*°*

Chapter 14

"I'm listening." I told him, still gripping Camila's hand tightly.

I never planned for this to happen, it happened too fast. I knew if it came down to a fight I would lose.

"Could we talk alone?" Chris asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"No." I said, instinctively pulling Camila even closer to me. I wouldn't leave her alone with them.

"Fine. Walk with me then." He said, walking towards the woods.

Now usually I wouldn't follow him, since the girl always dies when she follows the guy into the woods. But this wasn't a scary movie, this was actually happening, and I didn't have a choice if I wanted to keep Camila safe. So with a sigh I followed him into the woods, focusing on Camila's hand in mine.

(Camila's POV)

I was scared, really scared, and the only thing that was keeping me from pissing myself was Lauren's hand in mine. She was following the man, and I didn't understand what they wanted from us. Looking at her face I could see that she didn't really either. But there was obviously something she was keeping from me, and I wondered that if she had told me that something before this happened maybe we could have avoided this.

"We have a place some towns over. It would be a day run and a day and a half drive. I want to talk there." The man, Chris, said. He abruptly turned around and faced Lauren, not looking at me. "It's up to you if you want to run or drive." He shrugged.

"Drive where? Laur," I gripped her hand almost as tightly as she was gripping mine, "I don't want you to leave me." I whispered, shoving my face into her shoulder. This reminded me that she was naked and I blushed.

"What you're telling me is that you kidnapped Camila, tied her up, and made me run all the way out here naked, just to talk, and tell me you want to talk somewhere else?" Lauren demanded, her expression furious.

"It was the most effective way to get you here. You wouldn't have listened if I had just called you." She bristled for a moment before replying.

"Fine. I'll drive, since Camila will be coming with me." The girl announced, pulling me to her and wrapping an arm around my waist. If she was uncomfortable or embarrassed about her lack of clothing she didn't show it.

"That's fine. I'll give you the rest of tonight and tomorrow morning to get your shit in order. Pack clothes, and explain to your little girlfriend what's happening. She looks scared." He smirked before walking away from us and back to his group. "I'll be expecting you guys." He called.

****

Lauren seemed nervous, scared even. I was too, but she seemed to be scared for a different reason.

"Lauren-"

"Camz. Before this happens I want you to know that I like you. A lot. And I might even love you-"

"Lauren!" I gasped in shock.

"And I really don't want you to leave me because I don't know if I could live if you did, but I understand completely if you do." And with that she turned away from me and got on all fours. I stared at her, shocked.

What was she doing? Then her bones started to crack and mold themselves into something else entirely. I let out a horrified shriek as I watched the person I might love, not become a person anymore.

I watched as her finger nails fell out and were replaced by claws, fur grew all over her body. I realized what she was becoming all too soon. A wolf.

I scrambled back towards the nearest tree, watching the thing in front of me, making sure it didn't make any sudden moves to come at me. It turned it's head and I gasped as I saw it's eyes. Lauren's eyes.

"Holy fuck." I choked out, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

I was going insane! This couldn't be happening. I was imagining things, the people who kidnapped me must have drugged me or something! The thing turned its whole body towards me, its eyes full of pain. A whimper came from it and it laid down its head on its paws, still staring at me with that pained look.

Now usually this was where the girl ran toward the guy(in my case girl)and told him that she didn't care, she loved him anyways. And I wanted to do that, but I knew this wasn't happening. I was drugged and imagining things.

Soon Lauren would come and save me, but for now I would have to deal with hallucinations...But what if I wasn't crazy? What if it was Lauren and she thought I rejected her? If she was a werewolf, then she had to have a mate or something. Was that me? I had always felt an unnatural attraction towards her.

The wolf got up and started to come towards me but I didn't scream or back away. There was love in it's eyes too. What if it actually was Lauren? So what if this wasn't actually happening, and if I was crazy. When it was in touching range I put my hand on it's head and scratched behind the ears a little bit. The fur was soft, and the color of Lauren's hair mixed with some lighter shades of black and grays mixed in. The wolf was beautiful. And in that moment I just didn't care, like the girls in the books.

It was Lauren. I saw it in her eyes and I felt it in my heart.

"Lauren." I whispered.

(

Lauren's POV)

She was staring at me. Not in disgust exactly, but disbelief, and conflict. It hurt me. I wanted to say something but couldn't, I couldn't find the courage to change back and talk to her either so I got up and took slow steps toward her instead.

There were tears in her eyes and I wanted to brush them away, kiss her and tell her it was okay. She gently placed a hand on my head and I closed my eyes. I knew she would leave me. I wouldn't be able to give her a normal life like she wanted.

"Lauren." She whispered.

I opened my eyes and saw her tear filled ones, but this time they were filled with determination and love. I didn't say anything (mostly because I couldn't) and set my chin on the top of her head as she wrapped her arms around me.

But I knew we had to go. Go face my parents and tell them I would be gone for who knows how long and to actually find out what Chris wanted to talk about. 

I love yall and i hit 300 followers!! I was too busy with an essay and speech project that i didnt notice until now....THANK YALL SO MUCH! SENDING HUGS AND LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL!

I cant even sleep im so happy, another reason for the double update.

-Vic💕