Chapter 16

Credits to original author
°*°*°*°*°*°

Chapter 16

****
{Lauren's POV}

We were there. After about 2 days of only stopping to sleep, eat, get gas, and use the bathroom, we were finally there. I was so done with gas station food. That was all we had eaten since McDonald's, which I had eaten most of the food but Camila tried to contribute as much as she could, not that she needed to. I was perfectly capable of eating all of it by myself if I had to.

We were practically in the middle of nowhere, at the front of a 3 story house. It was beautiful, if I was being honest, imperfectly beautiful. It was white, the front door was a dark brown wood, and all the windows were large, but dirty. Everything was, but if someone cleaned up the dirt it would probably be even more magnificent than it seemed to be already. Camila and I slowly got out of the Jeep and grabbed our bags. I was ready to finally get some answers. We walked up to the front door and I wasted no time in knocking. The door opened revealing Ariana.

I snarled quietly as she boredly said, "Oh. You're here."

"Really? I didn't notice." I said giving her a blank look.

"Shut up." Was all she said as she opened the door wider, gesturing us to come in.

I grabbed Camila's hand and laced our fingers together before walking inside. A feeling of absolute welcome overwhelming me. Weird. That was the last thing I was expecting to feel. Welcome. At home. I stared in wonder at all the people surrounding me. There were werewolves everywhere. Loitering around and on the staircase, sitting on couches, talking and laughing.

"What is this?" I murmured, looking around at all the werewolves. I took a sniff and realized there were also some humans besides Camila here too.

"This is my pack." I heard Chris's voice sound from behind me. I jumped, surprised, before spinning around to look at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, letting go of Camila's hand and crossing my arms.There could only be official packs agreed to by the elders, and if there was any new pack started it was always announced so everyone knew. This couldn't be an actual pack. I felt Camila move closer to me, gripping the end of my shirt, but I kept my gaze on Chris.

"These are all rogues. No place to go, and families to feed and care for. Some of the people here's family were killed, or they just sent them away. Everyone is welcome here. And it has grown so big, it couldn't not be called a pack." Chris said, smiling slightly.

"I still don't understand." I said frowning. I hated to sound stupid in front of all these people, but I was still quite confused. "The elders have to announce the packs-"

"Walk with me, Lauren. I have a lot to explain and you'll understand when I'm finished." He said, cutting me off. I hesitated.

"Can Camila come with us?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. I was hoping that it could be just us. This is important to me, Laur. Just like you were. Like you still are."

"Okay, fine. But where will Camila go?"

"She can just stay here with the rest of the pack. This is the main room. The people here won't hurt her, they're good people and have nothing against humans." He said, gesturing around.

"Alright." I said carefully. "You'll be okay without me for awhile, right Camz?" I asked turning towards her, a little worried.

"I'll be fine." She rolled her eyes. "I'm not a little kid."