Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Comment, tell me what you think!

Pics to right are of the uncle, Reynold =================>>>>>>

I spend the rest of the day with Gloria, helping her with her chores. She told me almost everything about her. She is from the Dominican Republic. She came to the United States alone, leaving her family behind. Her boat arrived at New York and she lived there for 5 years.

After getting layed off her job at a factory, she met my uncle. He offered her a job as a cleaner. She took the offer and was soon living in this luxorious house. At first, she just cleaned, nut one day when the cook quit, she decided to take over.

When my uncle tasted her food, he immediatly fired the current cook and she became the cook.

When she is done I tell her my story, about my parents and the orphanage.

"Oh honey, you poor thing." She says when I am done. She gives me a hug and suprisingly, I accept it. Her shirt is really wet and sticky.

"Honey, don't cry."

What is she talking about? I lift up and touch my face. I look in the mirror next to the sink and I see myself crying. I imediatly wipe them away.

I have never cried about "the night", atleast not in public, but there is something differant about Gloria that makes me want to trust her with my secret. The secret being that what happened that night really affects me, that it hurts me to think about it.

I cry for what seems like hours and Glora just keeps hugging me, comforting me.

We finally break apart. I imediatly walk out of the kitchen and up to my room. I slam the door and throw myself on the bed.

This woman I barely know got me to do what many pshycologists have tried to do for years. She got me to feel.

To feel the pain and sadness I've been holding back all these years.

I look up at the clock on the wall. 4:00. I have two hours till dinner. Might as well take a nap. I slowly drift off to sleep and have nightmares about "the night."

Comment and vote.. Tell me what u think and keep reading... Or else... I will find you........ Lol ^-^