Chapter 5

Hey guys, sorry for not updating for a while I was busy and went thru the biggest case of writers block ever!

I had to step back and take a breather.

Now I'm back and reving to go! Comment and enjoy.

Pic to right is of uncle Reynolds mansion =======================================>>>>>>>>>>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walk down to the kitchen in the morning. Last night had ended in another akward dinner with my uncle. When I couldn't take it anymore I walked to the kitchen and ate there while Gloria finished her cleaning for the day.

When I walk into the kitchen now, Gloria is nowhere to be found. Instead I find a boy sitting at the table ,where I usally sit, eating.

I just stand at the doorway pondering over what to do, when the boy suddenly looks up at me. He seems to be my age. He stands up and I get a better look at him. He is tall and slender with lean muscles. His face is very defined with warm hazel eyes. His hair is brown and not very long and gelled up at the front. In short words, he looks like Edward Cullen with a tan. Well, not exactly.

The sheer thought of this starts my laughter. I laugh until I see his confused face.

"Sorry about that." I say feeling embarrased. He just looks me up and down the smiles.

"It's ok its whatever." He responds. He sits back down to finish eating. I walk over to the island counter and find a plate with a sticky note on the side. It reads, "Miranda, out in garden, here's breakfast, meet me later, Gloria."

I take the plate and sit down across from...

"Umm, what's your name?" I ask the young man.

"Oh I'm Jake, and you are?"

"I'm Miranda."

His eye brows raise up. "Oh so you're the famous Miranda I've been hearing about. Well nice to meet you Miranda."

He gets up to put the plate in the sink. He's about to walk out when I stop him. "Why are you here?" I ask him.

"I'm the gardener and handy man. I help out with things around the house." He says.

"So you garden and fix broken things."

"Yep pretty much. I'm going out to the garden right now... Do you maybe want to come." I get up and put my plate in the sink before I respond.

"Yeah sure lets go." I say and follow him out the door.

We walk across the lawn and when I look up what I see is breathtaking. The garden is amazing! I see almost all kinds of plants and vegetables.

I feel my jaw drop and hear Jake snicker. I turn to glare at him and he stops. I go back to looking at the garden. He leads me into it throught a gate in the picket fence that surrounds the garden. As we walk, we pass by all kinds of things. There are pumpkins, squashes, potatoes, carrots, lettuce, some tomatoes, peppers, onions, and the list goes on and on.

Now I see why my uncle is rich... the man probably never has to buy vegetables, he just grows them in his backyard.

I see a figure ahead and I make out Gloria. I run up to her. She looks up from the tomatoes she's picking and smiles at me.

"Hey sweetie. Did you enjoy breakfast." She asks getting up with some effort.

"Yes it was great like all the food you make." I answer smiling.