The Phone Call

After spending hours pondering on the fact whether he should call her,he finally took a deep breath and dialed her number with nervousness at it's peak.

"Hello.."

came the soothing voice,which lowered his nervousness to a certain extent.

"Hello..kashaf Zaroon baat kar raha hoon. "

"Aree..tumne kaise call kar liya aur mera number tumhe kaha se mil gaya."

She asked with a mixture of exultation and surprise.

"Bas woh janne ki koi zarurat nahi hai tumhe."

"Koi kaam tha kya?"

"Haayee..zaalim dunia ab doston ko call karne par bhi aise sawalat."

"Tum bilkul nahi badle na."

"Haan.Par tum badal gayi ho."

"Khair yeh to mujhe pata nahi tum hi behtar jante ho. Waise tum ghar kyu nahi ate. Infact aisa karo na tum aj hi dinner ke liye kyu nahi ajate."

she took a pause and realizing that she might have gonea little overboard she continued her statement

"agar tum busy nahi ho toh. Ya phir tum kisi aur din ajana."

she spluttered.

Trying to ease her,he said

"Kisi aur din kyun main toh aaj hi aunga. 8:30?"

"Yes. We'll be waiting."

"bye."

As he hung the phone,a smile made way to both the faces. While she slammed her head against the phone ,he took a deep sigh.

Today,people could notice a changed Zaroon in the office, a much happier breed of him and against odds he left the office early today.

While Kashaf did her best to organize the things as she wanted everything to be perfect for her love for him had still not vanished but had been kept buried this long.This enthusiasm of her mother dint go unnoticed by Maham.

"Mumma aaj kuch special hai kya?"

"Special..Shayad keh sakte hai. Aaj woh uncle yaad hai jin hone apki ice cream gira di thi?"

She said while sitting next to her.

"haan.."

"Wo ghar ane wale hai."

Suddenly there was a knock hearing which Kashaf paced towards the door and opened it with a smile.

"Assalam Walekum."

He greeted while handing her bouquet.

"Walekum Assalam"