The Dinner Date

"Bade khoobsurat phool hai. Tumhe aaj bhi yaad hai ki mujhe yeh kitne pasand hai. "
Kashaf said smiling a bit.
"Acha Tumhe pasand hai kya main toh aise hi le aya. "
Zaroon said teasing her a bit.
"Koi baat nahi jaane an jane hi sahi. "
The changed Kashaf pricked his heart. He missed the old Kashaf, who would undoubdtedly take her revenge and not sit quietly. He smiled weakly and they moved forward.
He kept wondering if he was one of the reasons for her changed behaviour.
Kashaf and Zaroon kept talking about some old memories and after some light hearted conversation, Kashaf said
"Tum dono baithe Tv dekho. Tab tak main khane laga leti hoon. "
Maham and Zaroon were watching a movie and while watching Maham went off to sleep on his lap.
He smiled seeing this sight. He experienced something, he had never done before. He kept looking at the tiny figure in front of him. The small hands and cute face. He gave Maham a peck on the cheek and smiled and in the mean time, Kashaf had returned
"Khaana lag gaya hai. "
"Shh.. Maham so gayi hai.Usne kuch khaya hai ya nahi? "
He asked while whispering.
"Haan yeh uske sone ka waqt ho hi gaya hai isliye maine use dinner pehle hi karwa diya tha. Lao main Maham ko kamre me chor aun. "
"Kya main le chalu? "
Kashaf simply nodded her head. She simply was adoring the sight and the smile crept on her face did not seem to fade away.
"Chalein? "
He asked Kashaf, who was still lost in her trance.
"Haan. "
"Wow! Table toh kafi hara bhara lag raha hai mujhe. "
"Ab baitho bhi saari tumhari pasand ki cheezein banayi hai. Aur tumhari tarah main yeh zahir karne se ghabrati nahi ki mujhe tumhari cheezein yaad hai. "
Zaroon sensing sarcasm said
"Khair ghabrata toh main bhi nahi magar kabhi kabhi hum kuch cheezein kehne se darr jate hai. "
"Apno se kuch bhi kehne se kaisa darr? "
Kashaf asked with questioning eyes.
Zaroon gulped down the food and trying to avoid any confrontation
said
"Khaana bohot hi acha bana hai. "
"Thanks. "
Kashaf said without much of an expression. 
"Kashaf tumhare husband kaha hai? "
This was one question Kashaf dint want to confront.
She took a deep breath and said
"We are divorced. "
"I am sorry. "
"Don't be. Somethings happen for our own good. "
Zaroon found it difficult to answer this and simply nodded his head.
The rest of the dinner passed in silence and after having the dinner he said
"Chalo Kashaf aaj toh bohot dair hogayi hai. Phir milenge. Aur dinner sach much bohot acha tha. "
Kashaf simply smiled and followed him to the door and said
"Allah Hafiz. "
"Allah Hafiz. "
Kashaf closed the door and while leaning to it she took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. She moved towards the window to have one last look at him.
He walked slowly towards his car and kept thinking about things that were still left unsaid. He gazed towards the window but in the darkness he could see no one. He finally drove off with a heavy heart while a lone pair of tear made it's way down Kashaf's cheek.