The wedding

Kashaf entered the banquet with a bit of a hesitation. It's been years since she has attended a wedding. These events makes her a bit nervous these days. Not for any other reason but because of people and their unending questions. As she stepped inside, each and everything reminded her of her defeat. The flowers, the lightnings, the loud music and most importantly the sight of the bride clad in a stunning red lahenga, reminded her of memories she always wanted to let go. 

"Mujhe us din ki cheezein yaad nahi karni chahiye. Isse sirf mujhe hi dukh hoga."

She took the deepest sigh shrugging all the thoughts.

However, his sight in front was enough to give her reasons to hold on to everything. She clutched the end of her saree as she could feel his gaze on her. Her heartbeat began pacing at a never before rate as he moved near her. 

"Kashaf. Badi dair laga di yaar tumne.Kab se tumhara intezaar kar raha hoon. But now i can guess why."

He said while tugging the strand of hair that was covering her face and hiding his view.  Kashaf took a step back at his gesture. She din't want to fall weak, not atleast this time.

"You look beautiful."

He uttered and picked up Maham in his arms 

"Ap ice cream khayengi?"

"Haan chocolate wali."

"Theek hai toh phir chalein. kashaf tum chalogi?"

 She nodded negatively.

"Theek hai tum phir hum dono aate hai."

They moved away from her while she kept looking at the disappearing figures in front.

"I Can't fall weak. Yeh aisa kyun karta hai? Why?"

She questioned looking towards the Almighty while trying to control her tears.

----

The ceremonies of the marriage had already begun and Kashaf couldn't speak to Nisha and she couldn't even find Zaroon and Maham around. The proceedings of the marriage kept flashing the worst times of her life. She dragged herself towards the gardens and sat in one of the benches. But can reality stop haunting one , especially the one trying to escape it?

Flash Back

"Congratulations."

He brought out his hand to wish her.She looked at the hand extended but chose to keep things at the verbal level.

"Shukriya."

He gazed at his hand and then her face. HE could feel a coldness in her behavior but couldn't really figure a reason out. 

"Kashaf tum khush toh ho na is faisle se?"

He inquired filling the seat next to her.

"Kyun main tumhe khush nahi lag rahi?"

"Kuch zada toh nahi."

"Toh tum kya chahte ho Zaroon main kaise apni khushi ka muzaira  karoon?Main bohot khush hoon lekin mujhe yeh zahir nahi karna ata toh main kya karoon?"

she said irritated.

"NAhi maine toh bas aise hi pooch lia tha."

"Aaj puch liya hai ainda mat puchna kyun ki tumse toh kam az kam mujhe yeh tavakku nahi hai. Log mujhe nahi samjhte mujhe koi dukh nahi hai magar tum agar auron jaise ho jaoge toh yeh main nahi seh paungi. Tumhe toh humesha se malum hai na ki maine apni feelings ko hamesha apne tak rakhna hi sahi samjha hai chahe woh koi khushi ho ya gum. "

She looked into his eyes. He could see a sort of a pain in her eyes. He held her hand while she looked away.

"Kashaf gussa kyun ho rahi ho? MAine sach me aise hi puch liya tha. Bas apni tassali ke liye."

She jerked his hand and said

"Tassali rakho main khush hoon. Happy like never before."

He simply smiled, but not with satisfaction and said

"Main ata hoon shayad neeche koi kaam ho."

She looked at her mehendi,which by now were wet with her tears.

---- 

He stepped out of the room with an excuse.

"Yeh Kashaf ko akhir hua kya hai?Usne kabhi aise toh behave nahi kiya. Woh keh to rahi hai ki khush hai magar kya woh sach much hai? woh mujhe tassali de rahi hai phir bhi mujhe tassali kyun nahi ho rahi? Lekin Kashaf ek strong ladki hai woh kabhi bhi aisa kuch nahi karegi jisse use khushi na ho itna toh main janta hoon. Magar mujhe tassali kyun nahi ho pa rahi. Uske chehre par main khushi kyun nahi dekh pa raha? "

----