What have you done?

So I recently went to see the new jungle book and it was amazing, I loved it so much. Anyway the one thing that I hated was Mowgli. Both me and my friend felt that the character and the way the actor portrayed him could have been improved. This is only going to be a short thing. So this is dedicated to my best friend, here you go Cat hope you like it 😊.

The morning started out like any other. The heat from the sun beating down on everything it touched. Mowgli was hard at work collecting more honey for Baloo. He was so glad that he had found a way to no longer keep getting stung by the bees every time he went to collect some. He couldn't wait to get out of the boiling heat and back to the coolness of the cave. 'Just one last cut out to do it' he thought to himself as he hit the honey comb one more time he saw it fall to the ground, smashing into pieces.

He sighed "well this would have been better if I had help" he shook his head thinking back to his friend who was still asleep at the cave. He climbed back down from the cliff top and went to collect the honey comb that was now smashed into pieces and put it in his basket "if Bagheera saw me using another of my tricks, he would just lecture me about it not being the jungle way" he mumbled to himself. Walking back towards where the cave was located. Dragging his feet he walked into the cave, he headed over to the pile of honey that was accumulating into huge piles. He noticed that the place his friend had once slept was now abandoned. He didn't think anything of it, Baloo was always disappearing like this and then when he got back he would act like he had never left.

He heard heavy walking into the cave "Bagheera?" Mowgli called as he turned around and then realised that it was his other best friend "oh hey Baloo. I wasn't expecting you back yet. I got some more honey for you although it broke up because you didn't bother to help me so it fell" the bear just looked at Mowgli confused "who are you?" He asked, Mowgli raised an eyebrow at his friend and gave a laugh "very funny Baloo" the bear walked over to Mowgli "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" The volume change scared Mowgli "what's wrong Baloo? We are friends" the bear scoffed "me? Friends with a human? Don't make me laugh" the words hurt Mowgli, it reminded him of before he got took by the monkeys and Bahloo told him that he didn't want him around it hurt the same then as it did now.

He cautiously walked over "Baloo? Are you okay?" The bear gave Mowgli a look which sent all his hair on the back of his neck up. "Leave now or else!" Mowgli didn't know what was wrong with his friend but he knew he should leave and find Bagheera he didn't want to admit it but he was scared. "Okay I will leave" he quickly turned around and went to leave but a claw grabbed him and caused him to fall to the ground. He watched as his friend's once happy and cheerful eyes where now replaced with anger and hate and with one quick slash of his claw he hit Mowgli. Mowgli managed to give a short loud cry for help before it faded to black.

Bagheera walked into the cave and the sight that welcomed him was one that would haunt him for years. "Baloo. What have you done?" the panther gave his friend a look of confusion, horror but most of all fear. The bear looked at his old friend "I don't know what happened! What have I done?" The panther slowly crept back outside and up into a tree making sure he was higher enough of the ground. Still staring at the cave with fear, nothing even scared him not Sheer Khan, man or man's red flower but this terrified him "Mowgli, I am so sorry" he mourned for his friend's death in silence high up in the tree and despite the pleas from Baloo to help him. Bagheera stood up jumped down from the tree and ran into the jungle making sure to get as much distance between him and Baloo as possible.