Chapter 5

Helloooooooooooooooooooo, It's me. (Absolutely not writing the song down, even though it's tempting. :D) Hey guys! OMG, I am freaking out!!!! This fan fiction has 469 views! :DDDDDD Thanks so much, this makes me so happy. :) 

I tried my best to write down a next chapter, and it was super hard. I mean SUPER HARD. I gave up several times 'cause my brain wasn't cooperating, but here it is! Hope you guys enjoy it! :D 

Nino stared at his watch: It was 11:59. The dance was about to end. He could see the janitors talking to each other in the corners, glaring at the three boys who were throwing glasses of orange juice at each other.

He stared at Alya. Serious, down to earth, Alya. He had found another side of her today. He now knew she could be sweet and endearing. Nino smiled and nuzzled against her smooth hair, and Alya swatted at his suit covered arm.

"Nino! It's almost time to go, and I should get going." Alya's happy smile turned dark, "I'm worried about Marinette. She hasn't come, and I feel guilty for enjoying when she's probably crying! Oh my gosh, I'm such a bad friend."

Nino put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, It'll be okay. You're a great friend, and Marinette thinks so too. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a dance once in awhile, is there?" Nino said.

"I-I guess so. Okay, I'm going to call her now." Alya reached into her hand bag for her phone.

"And I'll search for my best buddy." Nino looked around the gym, "Hey, Adrien? Where are you dude?" he called.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marinette ...." Adrien whispered weakly.

Marinette stepped closer to him, hands on hips. Adrien instinctively took a step back. She pouted mockingly.

"Aw, running away from me now? Come here, kitty kitty."

Adrien was surprised. There was no way she could know he was Chat Noir, after all, Marinette was just a normal classmate.

Have to admit, Adrien is very, very stupid here.

"Stop, Marinette. Look, the text message wasn't from-"

"I'm not Marinette! I am Soul Stealer, and I will make you feel the same pain I felt before!" Marinette yelled.

She pulled out a bow and arrows of silver, and aimed directly at Adrien's chest. The string was let go, and Adrien could hear it come towards him. Thanks to his Chat Noir instincts, he immediately ducked.

Surprisingly, Adrien was swift and fast. (Well, we know that. :D *smirks*) The real Marinette deep inside instantly started to swoon, but the akuma's power clung to her thoughts.

"I will get you Adrien!" Marinette shouted, as she sent more arrows at him.

Adrien barely had any time to dodge them. He didn't want to get hit, and who knows what the result of it would be?

Marinette stopped advancing on him, and hung her head. Her hands curled into fists, and she was quiet for a moment.

Was she back? Was Marinette fighting the akuma? Adrien felt hope glinting in his chest, and he reached a shaking hand out to her.

"M-Marinette?"

She suddenly whipped her head back up, eyes wide and sharp with fury.

"Wasn't the text message enough?" She screamed.

Adrien fell to the pavement in surprise. He watched, horrified as a purple outline of a butterfly showed on Marinette's pale face. He knew it. She was akumatized.