Chapter 11

JJ's POV
"Do y'all want to go to Huddle House for breakfast?" I asked Emma and Eathan. "YES!" They answered in unison. "We're all in the same room. You don't have to yell!" I said back while laughing. "Shut up and let's go." Emma said and we walked out the door. "Oh I love this song!" Emma said turning it up. "Baby last night, was hands down, one of the best nights, that I've had no doubt..." She sang over the music and me and Eathan were dying laughing. "Hey sis, I wouldn't recommend singing as a career for ya." Eathan said and I was laughing so hard I could barely breath. "Turd monkey." She said crossing her arms. "What the hell is a turd monkey?" I asked and she hit my arm as we turned into Huddle House.

We sat down and ordered our drinks then started looking over the menu. The waitress came back with our drinks and started taking our orders and she couldn't keep her eyes off of Eathan and we all could see it. "So Eathan how are you and Abby doing?" Emma asked. Abby is Eathan's girlfriend.  It was obvious she trying to make the waitress mad. "Great! It'll be 4 years this summer." Eathan said and the waitress roles her eyes and walked away. "I hope I'm not the only one that saw her staring into my soul." He said and we laughed. "I think that's why Emma mentioned Abby." I said and we laughed. We got our food, ate, and left.

"Can I ask y'all something?" Eathan said as we were sitting on the coach. "Sure buddy." Emma responded and he took a deep breath. "I'm 22. It's my senior year of college. It's also Abby's senior year. I was kinda thinking about... maybe... I don't know... proposing." He said and Emma and I were both in shock. "Eathan let me ask you this. Do you love this girl?" I asked and he looked at the ground and smiled. "Yeah I do. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She means the world to me." He said. "Then I think you should do it. That's the exact way I felt about your sister. And now we're engaged and having a baby boy." I said smiling and looking back at Emma. "I agree with JJ. I think you should make her yours from now own." Emma said and he smiled. "Babe, you think you'll be ok here by yourself for a little while?" I asked and she nodded. "Good. Come on Eathan." I said standing up. "Where are we going?" He asked. "To find yo girl a ring!" I said and he laughed before we walked out.

We got to the jewelry store and went to where the engagement rings are and started looking. Not even 10 minutes into looking Eathan spoke up. "That one." He said pointing to a silver ring that had a big square diamond in the middle and a bunch of little diamonds around it. "How can I help you two gentlemen?" A man asked and we looked up at him. "I need this ring right here." Eathan said pointing to the ring. "Which one of you is getting married?" The guy asked. 'I don't know. Maybe the guy asking for the ring' I thought but decided not to say it. "We both are actually. My fiancée is at home. This is her brother." I responded and he just nodded before telling us how much the ring was. "That will be $700" He said and Eathan looked like he just got punched in the stomach. "I gotchu bud." I said as I hand the man my debit card. After we paid and got the ring we left.

"So have you thought about how you want to do it or when?" I asked as we drove back home. "Well, I was thinking about having a barbecue this weekend at ya'll's place and having mine and Abby's families there and doing it then." He said and I agreed with that idea. We walked in the house and Emma was on the couch watching TV. "Oh let me see the ring!" She said sitting up. Eathan showed it to her and she kept looking back and forth from her's to Eathan's. "Did you pick it JJ?" She asked. "No. Why?" I asked a little confused. "Because it's the same as mine." She said and we all laughed.

-----
Eathan's POV
It's Saturday and we're having the cookout today. I'm really nervous because I'm gonna be proposing to Abby at lunch with both of our families there. I went to her parents house yesterday and asked her dad if he was ok with it and he was more than happy. "Hey E what time is everybody supposed to be getting here?" Emma asked from the island in the kitchen. "About 12:45." I told her and she nodded. Only about and hour and a half until I hopefully get to call Abby my fiancée.

It's 12:45 now and everyone is starting to get her. We were all outside and me and JJ were throwing the football when someone jumped on my back. "Hey handsome." She whispered in my ear. She got down and I turned around and connected our lips. "Hey beautiful." I said. "Everybody foods ready! Come fix you played before JJ eats everything!" Emma yelled from the porch and everyone laughed before getting in a line and fixing our plates.

Everyone was sitting down eating and talking. I looked over at JJ and he nodded letting me know it was time. I reached under the table and Emma handed me the box. I stood up and everyone tried to get everyone's attention but they wouldn't listen. "Yo! My man Eathan has got something to say!" JJ said and everyone got quiet. "Thank you JJ. I just want to start off my thinking everyone for coming. Um... Abby. We've been together for a while. Almost 4 years to be exact. You mean the world to me and I don't know how I could ever live without you. You put up with my 24/7 and I have no idea how you do it, but you do. You put up with all my bullshit and your the only person I know that could do it because lord knows Emma can't. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I love you so so much and I need to ask you something." I said getting down on one knee and pulling the box out. "Abby Nicole Hopper, will you make me the happiest man on earth by becoming my wife?" I asked. She was crying so hard she could barely talk. "Yes!" She finally got out and everyone cheered as I slid the ring on he ring and kissed her. "Here. I took your phone so I could take pictures of y'all." Emma said handing me my phone. "Ok everybody. Let's keep eatin'!" JJ said and everyone sat down and continued eating.

~~~~~~~
hey y'all! I know Eathan just kinda randomly came into he story, but I figured Emma needed a brother so here he is! please comment and  let me know what y'all think and don't forget to vote! live y'all!