Introduction:

Introduction:

Hey guys! Okay, so this is probably going to be a longish author's note, so it got even its own place in the table of contents! *grins*

First of all, I wanna thank my beta for the story, Alexandrina Petrova, for agreeing to help me out with this and for all the helpful corrections and advice! Girl, you're just awesome!

Okay, so moving on to the story...

- It is written in 3rd person, so bear with me as I am not very used to it. I thought it would be more fitting for this story, as there are more than just one main character. I think I'm not doing too bad; every time I focus inside the head of only one of the characters but decided that this would be less confusing than actually switching POV's sometimes even after ten lines.

- I will try to stick to the facts introduced in the story but am adding some of my own too, I am looking everything up every time. Avatar wiki and all the encyclopedias which are related to Asian cultures hate me already.

- I know the series must have been so much better, trust me, if I could, I would totally try to create episodes instead of writing chapters, so I'll be doing the best I can to create lively images which are easy to picture. The chapters might be a bit longer than the ones of other stories of mine, but that is because I am trying to make it somewhat like the episodes; each of them not completely depending on the previous and with a full plot which can almost stand alone. If you think that they are too long to read at once, let me know and I will be posting the following ones in two parts.

Now, maybe some reminders? I realize the series finished a few years ago and some of you may have forgotten the main characters? Need to read their names once again or a little bit of their part in the series? Well, I'll add a small piece of information for the ones which will appear more often in the fanfic. (I don't mean to make that overwhelming, just made the list so that you can get back to it every time you think that you see a name that doesn't sound familiar etc)

Aang: Aang is the Avatar, an Airbender from the Southern Air Temple who had been trapped in an iceberg for the past 100 years, while the Fire Nation conquered the other Nations. Throughout the series, travelling with his friends he mastered all four elements and beat Firelord Ozai, bringing an end to the war.

Katara: Katara was a female Waterbender, born and raised in the Southern Water Tribe by her grandmother, Kanna, alongside her older brother, Sokka. Katara was the last Waterbender in her tribe and she starts a journey with her brother to help the young Avatar, Aang, sticking with him until the end of the series. She is hopeful and brave, always standing up for her friends, family and anybody else who needs her. She was Aang's Waterbending teacher.

Sokka: Sokka is Katara's older brother and is has no bending skills. He works mostly with weapons, his favorite being his boomerang and a sword he made himself from a meteorite. He is the gaang's joker, and is known for his sarcasm. 

Toph: Toph is a very talented Earthbender, coming from a noble family in the Earth Kingdom, the Bei Fongs. She is blind, but because of her Earthbending skills she can "see" through her feet, sensing the vibrations in the ground. She is not much of the girly kind and says she likes her name because it kind of sounds like "tough". She was Aang's Earthbending teacher.

Zuko: Zuko used to be the banished prince of the Fire Nation, given the chance to restore his pride only if he captured the Avatar. During his countless attempts to do so, he began changing, realizing his destiny lay with Aang, not against him and joined forces with the gaang, offering to teach Aang Firebending. At the end of the series, after his father was defeated, Zuko was crowned Firelord and announced the end of the war.

Iroh: Iroh is Zuko's tea-loving uncle. He has been helping Zuko through the series with his training but also find good in himself. He was known as the "Dragon of the West" and was thought to have killed the last living dragon. He is a very good Firebender, who has invented a few techniques himself. He is also a member of the Order of the White Lotus.

Sukki: Sukki was the leader of the Kyoshi warriors, a group of girls who fought in the same style a former Avatar from the Earth Kingdom, Kyoshi, did. She has made various appearances throughout the series and is known to be a talented fighter. She is in a relationship with Sokka.

Appa: Appa is Aang's flying bison, the only one known to have survived the Airnomad genocide. He is a bit like the gaang's flying bus. Airbenders are supposed to have first learned their art by watching bisons fly.

Momo: Momo is Aang's pet, a flying lemur, which the young Avatar found in the ruins of his former home. No other lemur has appeared through the series, so they have assumed that other than Momo, lemurs are extinct. 

Secondary Characters:

Roku: Roku was the Avatar right before Aang in the circle, a Firebender. He has been guiding Aang from the beginning, sharing advice and helping him push away his doubt when needed. He is also one of Firelord Zuko's great-grandfathers.

Mai: Mai is one of Zuko's younger sister's, Azula, childhood friends, who always had a crush on Zuko. She is fighting throwing little daggers and her shots are always precise. She is known to find most things extremely dull and it is difficult to keep her excited for too long. She is in a relationship with Zuko.

Ty Lee: Ty Lee is the other best friend of Mai and Azula. Unlike Mai she is cheerful and likes to attract attention to herself. She had left her home and joined the circus, before agreeing to help Azula capture the Avatar. After the war was over, she decided to join the Kyoshi Warriors.

Teo: Teo is a boy from the Earth Kingdom, who had been living with his father and a few others in the Southern Air Temple, which had been abandoned. His father copied the Airbenders' gliders and created some, allowing his son to fly, although he can't walk and is moving with some kind wheelchair.

Ursa: Ursa is Zuko's mother, who had been banished when she murdered Zuko's grandfather to save her son's life. It is unknown if she is alive or dead.

Ozai: Ozai was Zuko's father and the former Firelord and a very powerful Firebender. At the end of the war, Aang removed his bending powers. After his defeat, he was imprisoned in a cell in the Fire Nation's capital prisons.

Azula: Azula is Zuko's younger sister, a Firebending prodigy who is by nature evil. She was crowned Firelord for a short while before Zuko won her. It is assumed that she was imprisoned after her defeat.

Bumi: Bumi is the king of the second biggest Earth Kingdom's city, Omashu. He is one of Aang's childhood friends that Aang meets again when he begins his travels. Bumi is a talented Earthbender, but his crown is a little crooked. His crazy personality is an odd combination of wisdom and insanity. His moto is to "open your brain to the possibilities". He is also a member of the Order of the White Lotus.

Kuzon: Kuzon is a childhood friend of Aang's from the Fire Nation. Aang borrowed his name when they were travelling through the Fire Nation in disguise. It is unknown if Kuzon lives or has died. 

Hakoda: Hakoda is Sokka and Katara's father. He had left them in the care of their grandmother to fight with the other men of their village for the war and was reunited with his children in the series.

Kanna: Kanna is Sokka and Katara's grandmother. She is the eldest member of their village and likes to be called "Gran Gran".

I didn't mean to drive you crazy with all that! So now I think I'm done with all the blah blah. Done! Hope some of this stuff was actually helpful! *grins* For more info, you can check out the Avatar wiki here.

Lots of love,

Nessie