Bogus Haunted House (Chapter 1)

Strange. The humans think this is a bogus haunted house. How painfully wrong they are.

You are so cliché.

Well, if I'm cliché, my prey sometimes gives a fight because they think they know what to do. Thus, making the kills all the more fun.

Uhg. No creativity.

Shut up.

"Hey man, this haunted house sucks!" The floorboards creak under our weight, harmonizing with the other creaks from the old house.

"Dude, I swear, this is real!" The wind blows the withered curtains. "What was that?!"

"Mark, its called the wind. Heard of it?" I punch him, making a nice thud.

I never really believed Mark when he said this was a haunted house. I thought the crows, the wind, and the feel of the house just made him freak out enough to want to show me. The moon shines through the window, making the house glow eerily and even more sinister.

"Jay, I swear, I saw something in here!" Two loud thuds on the floorboards make us jump.

"Hey! Did you see that? That thing moved by, like, really fast!" His eyes are wide, making me think this wasn't his doing.

"Dude, maybe we should get out. Maybe some homeless guy is hanging here and he doesn't appreciate us." I start to head for the exit when Mark screams.

"Mark!" I turn around. He's not there. I search everywhere, and I finally spot blood drips. I follow them to another room. His dead body is being held limply by a giant creature with massive wings and blood red eyes. His head is in the creatures other hand.

"Looking for this?" He tosses the head onto the floor. I step back to find the door locked. I turn to try to open the door before turning back around. It's right in front of me.

"Humans are curious creatures. They are to attached to others to realize they should have ran."

That was an easy kill.

We should move. Its to risky here.

You think to rationally. This is the perfect spot for other kills.

Yes, but human police are resourceful. They will eventually come here, and you will eventually be screwed.

That's plenty of eventuallys for me. I can maybe get one more kill in before they come. Plus, what's the fun in killing if there's no risk?

Sometimes murdering someone isn't just about it being fun. Sometimes, its about getting a meal, too.

Yes, but if I was starving to death, I would just eat a deer.

Some footsteps echo through the home. We turn toward the sound.

More meat? Good, they were to sinewy anyway.

Don't risk it. Run out through a window, those might be police.

I doubt they would come this fast.

You can never doubt with humans.

Why not, I know them pretty well, since I created them! Nothing to be taken to seriously. Let's just go take a look, shall we?

Fine.

I turn invisible, then mute all sound around us so I can open the door without a squeak. I traverse through the house, until we finally come upon the trespassing humans.

So meaty! And so tall. I did not know humans could be so tall...

Yes, why are they so tall? And something purple is glowing at their hips... No... It can't be!

"I sense her nearby. Split up, she's probably invisible.

Its them!

I thought we left them behind in Universe A!

Apparently, they found us! And I don't think being combined will help us much, Emma...

I wanted to be a bloodthirsty beast without any trouble. Heck, that's the reason why I took a vacation!

"She's on the ceiling! Throw the net!" A purple web gets shot from a rifle, covering the ceiling with glowing purpilnite netting. A mass gets caught, and falls from it, revealing a girl with cyborg parts.

"Its been awhile, Emma... And Matt? Did you both want to escape from life's troubles? Doesn't matter, combining won't do you much.

"Shit."