The Noise Ruins the Darkness

I sit and stare in the dark, trying not to think, yet at the same time wanting to think.

Thinking causes stress, stress causes thinking, so on and so forth.

A torturer, I think of myself as, because of the two poor creatures who live here, with me.

The darkness crushes me, yet it releases me. It allows me to float when I'm grounded, it let's me leave when I'm chained. At the same time, it sucks me back into reality when its broken, when the light shines in.

Yet, its not my fault they live with me. Its their fault, the one who lets the light in.

The light reminds me of who I am, and it reminds me why I shouldn't be here.

Light chases out the darkness, and two footsteps accompanied with rattling chains ruins the quiet of the darkness. But, as soon as the light scares the dark, the dark got brave and came back in, shutting me in it once again. The chains and the sobbing increase my stress, though.

"Please..." The cause of the noises pounds on the door, making me frustrated still. "I don't care what you do, just not this, please..."

I growl, and it stops. I hear it shuffle back, making the chains scrape against the stone floor. Its breathing shudders, its clothes ruffle in the slight breeze the light let in. I bark.

The noise ruins the dark.

The creatures who live here don't like the noise. There's only one way to stop the noise.

But the noise stops. Its only the noise's breathing that can be heard.

Breathing doesn't count as noise. I have it. It doesn't matter.

I back away and curl up in a corner, leaving the noise to stay there. It moves slowly, scraping from the corner nearest to the door to the one adjacent to it. The noise stops, and so does the low growl I didn't know I was making.

The noise, it stops the peace. Yet, this noise makes the peace.

I get up and walk toward the noise, and I sit next to it. It gasps, and rattles a bit, but when I rest my head in front of it, it calms down. The noise soon is breathing calmly, and I match my breathing to it.

The good noise stops me from thinking. The darkness never did that.

The good noise stops me from being me. It allows me to be the creatures. The darkness never did that.

The darkness didn't allow us to be the creatures that we once were.