This Side of You

How many of these have you done?

I was with you every time. We hear the footsteps of our next prey in the creaking house.

Alright, its go time.

We slowly inch out of our hiding place, avoiding all the bad floorboards. The conversation of the prey in the other room is heard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is super freaky, Jake." She scratched her arm, feeling goosebumps all along it.

"Calm down. It's a super easy way to get 5 dollars, let's just get it over with." Jake could see Ali glancing around rapidly. "All we have to do is get to the back yard and take a picture of it." He shrugs, making Ali frown.

"Where even is the back yard?" She glanced around at all the doors, not finding anything obvious.

"Hm... This way." Jake points to the right-most door in front of them.

"Shame the fence was too high to just jump over." Ali remarks as they open the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They're going for the back yard.

Let's freak them out a bit in the house. Then, when they run for the back yard, bam.

What if they run for the front of the house?

We won't let that happen, then.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As they enter the room, the creaks in the house seemed to multiply ten-fold. Ali shivers, while Jake inspects the room.

"This seems to be the kitchen." And indeed it did seem that way, the ancient stove and dated counters didn't lie.

"Then there should be a door in here." The only door in the room was one that seemed to lead deeper in the house.

Jake shrugged again. "Welp, we minus well check it out." As he went near it, a crash was heard behind them.

"What was that!" Ali checked behind them, as did Jake. Thumping sounds started coming closer to them from above their heads.

"The attic! I think there's something in the attic!" Jake cried out, as he grabed Ali and dragged her toward the door on the left of them. They launch through it, and before them was a walk in cabinet for canned goods.

Ali felt at the end of the tiny space for a possible door. "Its a dead end!" As they're about to leave again, a large thunk is heard in the kitchen. They stop breathing, and as quietly as they can, they sit and wait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They've got to be in here.

Your the one with the sense of smell. Sniff them out!

There's to much dust. We cough, and when the fit is done, we notice a door.

Let's play.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When whatever on the other side of the door coughs, they freeze more, somehow. When it stops coughing, it stops moving as well. It takes a step closer to the door.