Chapter 15

"Do you remember anything from that night?" I ask Katherine. Gaven still looks at me, wondering something.

"I remember..." She stares at the walls as if they hold possession of her blurry memories. "I remember coming home after I had bought groceries, then calling out Trevors name because I wanted to know what I should make for dinner. I saw him, he was...he was walking into the kitchen with some other guy. I remember asking who he was and Trevor said he was a friend of yours-"

"Did he mention the name?" I ask anxiously.

"Uh...I think it was-"

"Ethen!" I nearly scream out.

"Yeah Ethen. Are you OK?" Worrisome furrows her brows. 

"No, I mean yes, yes I am, I'm perfectly fine." I lie. 

She clears her throat noisily, preparing to continue. 

But I step in with another question. "Did Trevor do anything to you?"

"Um..." She frowns to herself for a moment or two, trying to gain the memories. "I can't really remember. Um...it seems like something happened but for the life of me, I just can't remember." She stares off into the distance blankly. "He... I don't know."

"Dangit Katherine!" I holler, and stand. "Remember!"

She appears bewildered like. 

"Well I'm sorry, but I just don't. It isn't all that easy." She says.

"I'm sorry, I don't know where that came from."

The nurse pops her head in. "Visiting hours are over in 5 minutes." She says.

"I love you. Hope you get out soon." I bend over to kiss her forehead.

She smirks, and then grunts. "I saw that." Puzzled, I look at Gaven.

"Your friend here was checking you out." She explains.

"Oh, pardon my manners, but I don't think you've met him. Katherine, this is Gaven...my boyfriend." I grin over at the lovely sight of him. 

"Uh huh. Gaven, make sure you take good care of Flora. I'd die if anything happened to her. In case you haven't noticed, she's the only family I got left."

"I'm well aware."

"He takes good care of me, I promise you."

* * * * *

Unable to handle it, I finally say, "What?" 

"You're just so..." He sighs. "Beautiful. I love you, and I'll tell you again, I LOVE YOU!" He whispers loudly. His intense gaze chills me to the bone. He scoots closer to nibble on my nose, which makes me giggle. Glancing over his shoulder at the clock, it reveals the time of 5 minutes before midnight.

"It's time for bed."

"What are we?" He questions me. "5?" I stifle a laugh. 

"Kiss me." I breath.

"Yes ma'am." He whispers. I can feel him smiling when his mouth greets mine. His fingers tangle themselves in my hair all the while his legs twine together with mine.

I brake away to lick my lips. "Your kisses just get sweeter and sweeter."

"And you just get harder and harder to resist." He grins sleepily. Then he asks, "Did you enjoy seeing your sister today?"

"Yeah, it's always nice to see her. Love her to death."

His expression becomes dead serious, and he sits upright, so I do as well.